Hacking Is there any hope for my digital game saves?

Hylian Phoenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here.

I recently followed this guide to downgrade my system to version 9.2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-friendly-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds-from-fw-10-7.418125/

I have followed this guide ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ ) through to step nine.

Apparently my software management became corrupted at some point, resulting in the loss of my digital games and, consequently, my saves. I checked my backups from before I started the process, and apparently the title file is missing from the dbs folder, so I can't simply restore them.

I have a much older backup which works for some of my games, but the vast majority are still missing. If I re-download them and then replace their files with the most recent backups, it seems the majority will be okay. Unfortunately, it seems like certain games won't work afterwards - Pokémon Shuffle in particular gives a corrupt data error, and that's the save I'm most concerned about. Is there any way around this? If not, is it possible that I could re-download all my games, backup the newest version of the files from the dbs folder, restore my nand backup from before I started, and use the newer dbs files to rescue my saves? (I hope I'm making sense here...)

On another semi-related note, my Health & Safety and DevMenu applications vanished from my SysNand menu, and only appear if I boot into rxTools SysNand. Is there any fix for this, or should I restart the whole process?

I apologize if this has been asked already, or if this is the wrong place to be asking.

Hylian Phoenix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: After much testing, it seems only my Pokémon Shuffle save had a problem - I was able to circumvent this by restoring my 9.2 emuNand. There seems to be a contact issue between the SD card and the 3DS card slot which is likely what caused the data corruption in the first place. Hopefully it just needs to be cleaned.

Hum.. RXTools is kind of... obsolete at this point.

I was just following the first guide. Of the two custom firmware options presented, RXTools seemed less risky, and sufficient for my purposes. Any recommendations on something better to use and easy to setup would be appreciated.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Update: After much testing, it seems only my Pokémon Shuffle save had a problem - I was able to circumvent this by restoring my 9.2 emuNand. There seems to be a contact issue between the SD card and the 3DS card slot which is likely what caused the data corruption in the first place. Hopefully it just needs to be cleaned.

I was just following the first guide. Of the two custom firmware options presented, RXTools seemed less risky, and sufficient for my purposes. Any recommendations on something better to use and easy to setup would be appreciated.
Luma3DS, for example.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Delete the secure value of the Pokemon shuffle save game. That's why it tells you the save data is corrupt ( secure value from nand doesn't match in game)

Your saves are safe as long you use the same nand. The games don't need to be inside the dbs. Just reinstall them with bbs and they will install in 2 secs with your save intact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: