Is there any Homebrew app to bypass the Nintendo Fuckery?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Gizametalman, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Gizametalman
    OP

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    Old 3DS 10.3.0-28U
    -_-
    Apparently, Nintendo managed to force system updates even for Colors! 3DS users.
    Now I cant upload any new paintings onto my gallery. Fucking annoying, I was good without Online play with real games, but they cant just prevent me to upload paintings to my gallery.
    So, you have more experience with homebrew, what do you suggest me to do?
    I dont want to update. Is there any homebrew app to bypass or erase or prevent those ''Please Update your system'' messages?
    Thanks in advance.

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    You can do one of three things:
    A) Update to 10.5
    B) Downgrade to 9.2
    or (please don't do this, franken-firmwares are a horrible idea and could lead to unknown issues in the future) C) Install the updated CIAs that the server is looking for.

3. Gizametalman
    OP

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.

Well, bye bye to my gallery. At least I can still save my paintings as pictures in my SD.
    I dont plan to do any of these (except maybe the downgrade thing to have emuNAND) but I thing that i would need a sysNAND backup to downgrade dont I?

Last edited by Gizametalman, Feb 2, 2016
  4. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Please downgrade, you wont lose your games or apps, even your save data if you follow every step correctly. If you setup an emunand, you will never have to worry about these kind of situations.

And if you softbrick in the process, you can update to 10.5 and well, that pretty much solves itself.

5. Gizametalman
    OP

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    Downgrading is my only choice isnt it?
    I know that they're tutorials here, but maybe later.
    Thanks for the replies :)

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You only need the latest friends system-module to access online again. You can update it without affecting your ability to downgrade later on. But it would be best to downgrade while you can so you can enjoy CFW and all the things that come with it :)

7. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    While that's true, I still wouldn't advise end users to create franken-firmwares on their sysNANDs.

Downgrade or upgrade, don't make a franken-firmware mess on your system NAND.

8. Gizametalman
    OP

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    For ''Franken-Firmware'' you mean...?

9. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Installing the legit updated friends module/whatever else CIAs they need for you to go online to your sysNAND will create a franken-firmware (think of the monster Frankenstein. Created from various parts and not really meant to be working like that), made up of components from 10.5 while your real firmware version is 10.3. It might work in the short term, but in the future, we don't know what might happen if you try to upgrade or downgrade with a mishmash of components that don't match.

10. Gizametalman
    OP

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    I wouldn like to update, althought it would solve the problem faster, i think is more risky than not updating my system.
    I mean, If Nintendo managed to ''install stuff'' that prevents users to use Internet in firmwares 10.0... What else will they install under their sleeves with 10.5?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Exactly thats what I want to prevent. Thats whyi maybe Ill downgrade later when the scene is more advanced than it currently is.

daxtsu likes this.
  11. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    later? There are some noob-friendly tutorials for downgrading with almost no risk of softbricking your 3ds, i followed a video from tech freek and i'm enjoying cfw like everybody else :)

I just recomend you to use safesysupdater and you're done.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Feb 2, 2016
  12. Gizametalman
    OP

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    Procrastinator.
    Good to know that there are Noob friendly tutorials. :)

13. hobbledehoy899
    This message by hobbledehoy899 has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Feb 4, 2016, Reason: offering warez.
    Feb 2, 2016
  14. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Err what the scene is highly advanced and the downgrade process is simple and risk free if you can follow instructions. You have pretty much zero reason not to downgrade at the moment

15. Gizametalman
    This message by Gizametalman has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Feb 4, 2016, Reason: offering warez.
    Feb 3, 2016
  16. hobbledehoy899
    This message by hobbledehoy899 has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Feb 4, 2016, Reason: offering warez.
    Feb 3, 2016
  17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I agree with that, but even if you have updated a system title for some reason, it won't prevent you from doing a full update later on, so it's reversible. It's not an issue until you start updating (or downgrading for that matter) random system titles, then it might break all kinds of things or even brick the console.

Ryccardo and daxtsu like this.
  18. katrain

katrain Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2015
    United States
    Virginia
    Some people have had issues with safesysupdater freezing halfway through, causing soft bricks or incomplete downgrades, so it's suggested to use that to check your files (other ways to do it but eh, never did it) and then use julian20's sysupdater. the guides around now are pretty noob friendly. Good luck!

19. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    thats what i had to do with the wifes 3ds, i used the safesysupdater to check the files and sysupdater to install

20. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    IMO downgrading then once you've installed a CFW either updating your emuNAND or doing a franken-firmware on your emuNAND should do the job. And to top it all off it's practically safe once you have emuNAND since if you stuff up you can always restore from a previously backed up NAND or reset it.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2, Feb 3, 2016
  21. ketal

ketal aiueo

Aug 20, 2015
    Italy
    Or upgrade the friendlist applet to 10.5...

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  22. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    That's basically what a fraken firmware is.

23. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    I'm on 10.3 with a 9.2 browser is it really that bad to have it like this?