Hardware Is there any harm in buying used 3DS Cartridge in 2018.

New3DSPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought my first Nintendo 3DS System. And I'm VERY NEW to Nintendo. And I don't want and am not using any Custom Firmware. So I want to buy 3DS Cartridges online. Is there any harm on buying used/second hand 3DS Cartridges? I almost bought a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire on an online seller but he said that It has some "hacked" pokemons. But he said that it is not harm and just delete the save file. But I did not buy it because I'm scared of being Banned in the Nintendo Services.

Does using used/second hand 3DS Cartridges be a cause of being Permanent Ban?

Why do people get permanent ban?

Help please

New3DSPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i need to turn off the internet before reseting the cheated save file? I'm scared because Nintendo might see my account as the one who cheated the save file.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought my first Nintendo 3DS System. And I'm VERY NEW to Nintendo. And I don't want and am not using any Custom Firmware. So I want to buy 3DS Cartridges online. Is there any harm on buying used/second hand 3DS Cartridges? I almost bought a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire on an online seller but he said that It has some "hacked" pokemons. But he said that it is not harm and just delete the save file. But I did not buy it because I'm scared of being Banned in the Nintendo Services.

Does using used/second hand 3DS Cartridges be a cause of being Permanent Ban?

Why do people get permanent ban?

Help please
it is safe to buy used cartridges as the memory where the games are stored cannot be overwritten, so it's just a matter of deleting the save file.

Reactions: New3DSPlayer

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh. Even if there is a "hacked pokemon" or someone put some cheats on the saved file or on the Cartridges?

Thanks btw for answering. :)
hacked pokemon can get you a ban on pokemon related servers (unless the pokemon in question has not been altered beyond legal possibility) . . . just to be safe you should reset the save file before going online with it . . . the games e-manual should tell you how . . . but it should be b,x, and up on the dpad at the title screen

Reactions: New3DSPlayer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free