Hacking Is there any good acekard 2i?

CookiesMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is it really that all of the acekard 2i's build quality is faulty?

I got mine without the contact issue problem but until today, it started to get random freeze when I'm playing some games
frown.gif

Do any of you guys get a good one without any problems at all?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to do the paper trick on my AK2i to avoid the freezes. Then about 6 months later I had to put a little piece of scotch tape on the bottom label-side. I think any more than that and I risk bending the contacts inside my DSi XL so I ordered a Supercard DSTwo.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have a 2i, but my 2.1 has been good for about 2 years now. I've gotten no cart inserted about 3-4 times, that's about it. As others have said, I would switch memory cards or try the paper trick.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't had a problem with my 2i. The only freezes I get are if it's AP, and I'm playing in an XL.

I think I might pull the paper trick just for the hell of it.

PlooBloo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have the freezing problem too until I tried the paper trick. It does wonders. My 2i didn't freeze once after I stuffed a piece of paper in the slot.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
CookiesMilk said:
Is it really that all of the acekard 2i's build quality is faulty?

I got mine without the contact issue problem but until today, it started to get random freeze when I'm playing some games
frown.gif

Do any of you guys get a good one without any problems at all?

mine was fine for over 6 months of hardcore beta testing. all of a sudden, a few weeks ago, it started to have contact issues. now it hardly ever makes perfect contact. i've experienced contact issues in both the DSL and DSi XL.

-another world

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
mine was fine for over 6 months of hardcore beta testing. all of a sudden, a few weeks ago, it started to have contact issues. now it hardly ever makes perfect contact. i've experienced contact issues in both the DSL and DSi XL.

-another world

Hmm.... my Acekard 2i is well over a year and some months old, works perfectly fine in my DSL. I play it all the time and leave it on sometimes while I go to sleep or work.
I don't know why it isn't breaking down on me, yet, but I don't want to speak too soon, either.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Another World said:

-another world

Hmm.... my Acekard 2i is well over a year and some months old, works perfectly fine in my DSL. I play it all the time and leave it on sometimes while I go to sleep or work.
I don't know why it isn't breaking down on me, yet, but I don't want to speak too soon, either.

I just knocked on my wooden desk for you.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Presto99 said:
Some tape is a lot easier an nicer than paper. And it works still.
I slipped my paper under the contacts and trimmed it with a razor along the very tiny gap between PCB and shell.
You cannot see the paper at all, even when looking specifically for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1