Gaming Is there any evidence that Skyward Sword HD uses HAGI?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when SM3DAS was announced, I thought that the lack of any major improvements was very fishy and immediately caught in that these were just upscaled roms on an emulator. Of course this ended up being correct. I'm getting a very similar feeling with the Skyward Sword "Remaster". Something about the models and textures looks very "Wii" and not very "HD". Is there any feature/aspect shown in the trailer that COULDNT be done with an emulator like HAGI?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt anyone will know until the game comes out. however, the game is available for preorder on the eshop. I just preordered it along with Mario Golf. you won't be charged and you can cancel up to 7 days before release, then you'll be charged, and the game will download as a preloaded game. I only preorder as not to forget, 'cuz some games come with preorder bonuses. I didn't see that about either game, but I also didn't scroll down to the game's info on either page.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I see there is nothing that cannot be done via HAGI - ofc if they at least compiled CPU code to native AArch64. This game cannot work in 60 FPS 1080p fully emulated on Switch.
So you're saying that if it was emulation, it would have to be like they did with Galaxy in order to do 1080p 60fps?

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Almost every "remaster" is exactly like this. "remaster" is just a marketing term to make a port sound more desirable. Sony has been caught doing the same bs as well. Many ports are basically like an emulator running the old code. The console makers/publishers think people are too dumb to realize configuration changes to render at higher resolution isnt actually changing the game. Even if they change a few textures (they rarely ever do), a port is still a port.

Last edited by kevin corms,

rob4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OOT3d is a remaster, this is an upscaled port, or partial emulation.
And it doesn't matter if it's a port or partial emulation, the important is the result, you are paying for a HD version of a game, it doesn't matter how they do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.