Is there any difference between NAND backups created with Gateway Software and EmuNAND9?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mk.2, Apr 12, 2016.

1. mk.2
    OP

mk.2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2006
    I have been reading Plailect's guide and wonder if I really need to created another backup using EmuNAND9 as instructed in the guide? or I could just use the current backups created with GW?

Also, on the NAND Size page, my 2DS NAND backup (created with GW) is not match the any of the 2DS NAND sizes on that page, but it has the exact same size as Old 3DS's Samsung NAND (1.000.341.504 bytes). Should I be concerned?

2. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    No it's just mis-information (on someone's part...) i believe because afaik 2DS can have the same size nand chips as o3ds and the rare strange ones that can also have the 1.2gb chip used in n3ds.
    So i don't think you have anything to be worried about really, especially if it ISN'T one of those strange 2DS with n3ds nand chips.

Last edited by Shadowtrance, Apr 12, 2016
    mk.2 likes this.
  3. mk.2
    OP

mk.2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2006
    Thanks, and here I thought I might had done something wrong or have a defective unit. :D

4. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    there are, gw nand uses a fixed size, whilst d9 uses something else, i've been on this trail for quite a while now, see multi emunand creator thread.

few insights
    d9 created emunand.bin makess emunand injecttool to throw an error.

mk.2 likes this.