Is there any app or something that keeps track of my play time?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by guedesbrawl, Sep 1, 2013.

1. guedesbrawl
    OP

guedesbrawl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    Nintendo channel no longer works, and i want to see my play time/times played records...

i am NOT sure if this is the right board to ask, so if it isn't, can someone kindly redirect me to the correct one? Thanks.

2. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Try looking at Playstats. It might be the charm you need.
    But yes, you could have posted this in: "Wii - Emulation & Homebrew".

3. guedesbrawl
    OP

guedesbrawl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    thanks, and sorry. i though about it, but i just wasn't sure...

4. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Ah, me mate. Not a problem at all~!

5. Leo Alves

Leo Alves GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    Sad we only have one app for this, Playstats is great, i use it alot, but it's not updated for about 2 years, and still have a few bugs.

Would be awesome if we could playlog GameCube Games too

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Playlog is registered when exiting a game and returning to system menu.

If you use a loader which is patching the "return to", to return directly to the loader you won't have the game and play time updated.
    Same for gamecube, as you can't return to system menu when playing a GC game (in gameCube mode).

It might be possible when using Devolution/Nintendont as they are running in Wii mode using IOS, they should technically be able to exit the game without shutting down the console but they need to return to System menu and not to their loader.

Leo Alves likes this.
  7. flamepanther

flamepanther GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2011
    United States
    Does Wiinnertag keep track of play times? I've never used it, but the major USB launchers support it.

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Wiinnertag and DUtag are only websites which receives "update" through simple URLs, for example : website.com/user=Cyan&privatekey=1234&game=Mario
    When you visit this URL, the website update your tag with "last played game = Mario".
    you can visit and update the tag manually, no need to use a Wii (just go to the URL)

To support play time, the Wii would need to send data (visit the URL) to Wiinnertag website at two different times: one at launch, one when quiting/exiting/shutting down.
    If you exit the game, the Wii can't send data to wiinnertag, only the loader can. And unless you "return to the loader" immediately after playing it's not possible.
    If you shutdown the console and load it back few hours later, it will send the wrong play time.