Is there any advantage to finishing 50cc and 100cc

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by markmcrobie, May 4, 2017.

1. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    I find these quite slow and boring - is there any advantage to finishing (or 3 starring) these 2 speed classes? Do you unlock anything?

2. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    What you get on 150cc counts for 50cc and 100cc. So just do 150cc and everything below will be covered.

3. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    If I finish 150 on three star, I won't get three stars on 50 and 100.

4. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Yes you will. Whatever you get in 150cc applies to 100/50 as well. Only Mirror and 200cc are their own.

markmcrobie likes this.
  5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Oh ok good to know. So I'll skip 50 and 100. Although I'm having a hard time on 150 getting three stars. There's always some kind of ridiculous chain reaction right in front of the finish line dropping me like from 1 to 5

6. SomeGamer

SomeGamer Within Hyrule Castle

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    I three starred 150cc yesterday. IMO it's a lot easier on MK8 then it's on MK7, could never get three stars on that game.

7. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Make a high speed low acceleration build. I played Gold Peach/Sport Bike/Slicks/Super Glider. I get so far ahead of the AI even blue shell cannot help them.

8. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    And that's what absolutely doesn't work for me - I tried bike yesterday with very high acceleration and low top speed and I finished four GP's with three stars quite easily. Problem with high speed low acceleration builds is that if you screw up, you need a long time to get up to speed again and in that time like five AI drivers pass you already

9. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    i found it easy to 3 star mario kart 8. the gameboy advance one was way harder because the ai are a bunch of coin takers. they \knock out all your coins then you spin

10. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    200cc is hyper easy to 3star.

11. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Everyone seems to be posting here about MK8D so I shall write it here, its nothing related to this thread but too MK8D anyway> Wheres the honker for the karts gone in MK8D? I cant seem to find the button for my horn or has this feature been taken off the Switch version does anyone know? in the wiiu version you used to be able to pip your horn at other drivers.

Last edited by Reecey, May 10, 2017
  12. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    You can press weapon button when you are not holding a weapon. That is about all of it.

Reecey likes this.
  13. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Both are super easy to 3 star.
    200cc is annoying tho.

14. leafeon34

leafeon34 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    Back in 2014 I finished 50cc and 100cc and thought it was fucking boring. At that time I didn't know that finishing 150cc with three stars would automatically get you three starts in 50cc and 100cc. If you're unskilled at Mario Kart then 50cc and 100cc will give you some good practice. Otherwise, don't bother.

15. SomeGamer

SomeGamer Within Hyrule Castle

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    What's more annoying, it now sounds when you press ZL while the item roulette is spinning (it didn't on the Wii U version).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yep, just discovered that Baby Rosalina + Buggybud + Roller is so OP on 200cc.

16. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Thanks. That's a bit crappy really so that's probably why I have not noticed so far because I have always had a weapon in my box when I have tried so your saying then if you have weapons say even a double on board and you use a red shell 1st and smash a driver off course you cant pip him on the way past for a bit of fun to say "ha,har!" because you have another weapon on board ready to use! they have ruined that bit of fun for me in this version, why though I use to luv my horn pipping on the way past!! :( I'm sure on the wiiu version you could pip anytime also with a weapon on board. Also it seems the other drivers, console drivers I mean seem to pip all the time at you I have even noticed that they do it going past when they say have red shelled you, even more than the wiiu version drivers, so whats with that? I'm emailing Nintendo about this feature I want it fixing in an update now!!! :glare:

Last edited by Reecey, May 11, 2017
  17. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Sure, to yourself. Other people will not see your honking even if they are programmed to react to it on your screen, other people will not see your honking except locally, on same console. I think honking will not manifest for other people even on wireless play or friend rooms. This was the case already on Wii U.

18. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Actually, the metagame in MK8 Deluxe is nothing like MK8's metagme. First, the buffs on most lightweights completely reequilibrates the game compared to MK8. Second, Fire Hopping/Demon Dliding were nerfed, and you can even feel that in Time Trial WRs. Morton has completely been kicked out of the leaderboards. Now Dry Bowser takes the cake, but this time no Slick/Cyber Slick tires; the most useful are high-accel tires (Roller, Azure Roller)
    Anyways, Inever got to achieve three stars on 150cc in MK8. I don't know why, perhaps because of the combinations I used.