Homebrew is there an Volume Management homebrew?

Zerel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, i've broke the volume switch of my o3dsxl, so i can't turn up or down the volume. Is there some kind of homebrew or maybe an option for rosalina that allow me to change the volume without the switch?

jockep

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it's on the todo for rosalina.

Edit: It's appearently under consideration to be added.

Last edited by jockep,

Zerel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's on the todo for rosalina.

Edit: It's appearently under consideration to be added.
oh i see, nice to hear that :D but it's out there another homebrew that allow me that? (apart of a future rosalina update)

jockep

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
oh i see, nice to hear that :D but it's out there another homebrew that allow me that? (apart of a future rosalina update)
Tried looking around, sadly can't find any brew for that. Maybe someone else knows one but i didn't find any :)

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello everyone, i've broke the volume switch of my o3dsxl, so i can't turn up or down the volume. Is there some kind of homebrew or maybe an option for rosalina that allow me to change the volume without the switch?

too bad I have already documented this before :P it looks like I know what my next minihomebrew will be :P

link270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
too bad I have already documented this before :P it looks like I know what my next minihomebrew will be :P

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this yet? My friend has a 2DS with a broken volume slider and I would like to know if there’s a way to do this software side or not?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry to bump an old thread.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this yet? My friend has a 2DS with a broken volume slider and I would like to know if there’s a way to do this software side or not?

yes, it was brought up a few days ago, but I wasn't able to find this thread...
btw, when the volume slider breaks, the volume goes silent or extremely loud? if it goes completely silent then there's a very low chance it can be helped... basically the louder the volume slider gets stuck, the finer adjustments you can make by software (I guess this is a DSi leftover "functionality" for hardware backwards compatibility)

edit: nope, it's not possible... if it's stuck on the loudest or the quietest state then it's ded, and the only other way (which is to patch MCU_FIRM) is not yet(?) possible :/

Last edited by Sono,
Reactions: link270

link270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it was brought up a few days ago, but I wasn't able to find this thread...
btw, when the volume slider breaks, the volume goes silent or extremely loud? if it goes completely silent then there's a very low chance it can be helped... basically the louder the volume slider gets stuck, the finer adjustments you can make by software (I guess this is a DSi leftover "functionality" for hardware backwards compatibility)

edit: nope, it's not possible... if it's stuck on the loudest or the quietest state then it's ded, and the only other way (which is to patch MCU_FIRM) is not yet(?) possible :/

Bummer. It's luckily stuck in the middle at a pretty decent volume.

1basti1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, is there still no Homebrew? I recently bought a very cheap 2DS XL with a broken volume slider. Its stuck at the highest volume. :(

The metal from the slider is gone but i have this little piece to control the volume. But I have to open the device everytime because everytime I restart the 2DS XL the volume is at the maximum level again...

This will never be added to Rosalina I guess...? Its in consideration since two years..

Last edited by 1basti1,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi, is there still no Homebrew? I recently bought a very cheap 2DS XL with a broken volume slider. Its stuck at the highest volume. :(

The metal from the slider is gone but i have this little piece to control the volume. But I have to open the device everytime because everytime I restart the 2DS XL the volume is at the maximum level again...

This will never be added to Rosalina I guess...? Its in consideration since two years..

Damn, I completely forgot to release that homebrew... I'll quickly look into it, and try to release it a few days (which most likely means in a few hours, but if something happens then I can only do it a few days later).

Also, I will not add this into Rosalina, but the volume settings do persist between reboots, so you can just set it at boot time.

1basti1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Damn, I completely forgot to release that homebrew... I'll quickly look into it, and try to release it a few days (which most likely means in a few hours, but if something happens then I can only do it a few days later).

Also, I will not add this into Rosalina, but the volume settings do persist between reboots, so you can just set it at boot time.
Wow nice, thanks. :)

But Rosalina would be nice though. ;) (to change it on the fly, like in Twilight menu ++ for example, because you have to close this if you want to go to the home menu)

Whatever, thanks again, looking forward to this!

Last edited by 1basti1,
Reactions: Deleted User

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry for the delay, it's hard to work on 22month old (2017/08/29) code in the heatwave.

Usage:
SELECT - exit
UP/DOWN - change the volume in 1/64 steps
LEFT - change volume to 0
RIGHT - change volume to 0F / 1F / 2F / 3F / 40 (100%)
L+R - pause music
X/Y - speed up / slow down music

Every time you start this prorgam, it resets your volume to 0, so you don't get blasted again by the loud menu music in case your slider got stuck on a high volume.

Meaning of the text:
- SET: this is what percentage you plan on setting your volume to
- VOL: the first value should be as close to the SET value as much as possible
- VOL: the second value is what value your slider is stuck at; if you can still move your volume slider, try to place it into the 40 to C0 range for maximum adjustment possibilities
- RNG: these are the raw values used for generating the raw VOL value
- OUT: the actual volume outputted by the hardware, should be as close as possible to SET

Downloads:
- without music: https://puu.sh/DNg3S/244c03044a.cia
- with music: https://puu.sh/DNg1e/805d7a95dc.cia

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry for the delay, it's hard to work on 22month old (2017/08/29) code in the heatwave.

Usage:
SELECT - exit
UP/DOWN - change the volume in 1/64 steps
LEFT - change volume to 0
RIGHT - change volume to 0F / 1F / 2F / 3F / 40 (100%)
L+R - pause music
X/Y - speed up / slow down music

Every time you start this prorgam, it resets your volume to 0, so you don't get blasted again by the loud menu music in case your slider got stuck on a high volume.

Meaning of the text:
- SET: this is what percentage you plan on setting your volume to
- VOL: the first value should be as close to the SET value as much as possible
- VOL: the second value is what value your slider is stuck at; if you can still move your volume slider, try to place it into the 40 to C0 range for maximum adjustment possibilities
- RNG: these are the raw values used for generating the raw VOL value
- OUT: the actual volume outputted by the hardware, should be as close as possible to SET

Downloads:
- without music: https://puu.sh/DNg3S/244c03044a.cia
- with music: https://puu.sh/DNg1e/805d7a95dc.cia
Literally the best thing since DSi Photo Clock. (It could do essentially the same but with much more taps.)

1basti1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im fairly new to the homebrew scene. Soooo, you cant integrate it, I guess? Or how does this work? Submit it to the developers?
Too bad, that "on the fly" feature would be amazing.

But great work though. Thanks again. :)

Reactions: Deleted User

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
what about replace the switch?!
disassembling the 3ds is the most difficult part.
replacing it, it's not too difficult.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...