Is there an updated Wii compatibility list?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by eagles5769, Sep 13, 2009.

Sep 13, 2009
  1. eagles5769
    OP

Newcomer eagles5769 Member

United States
  2. eagles5769
    OP

United States
    Bump, I would like an updated list tell of which wii games work with what loader method. Personally I like the backup launcher disc channel because I never have to worry about deleting the image.

3. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    we would all all like something to be done just for us too.

4. eagles5769
    OP

United States
    So there is no updated list?

5. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i can update it right now, its actually easier to post what does work but basically 99% of games work, one off the top of the head is a shin chan game in PAL, doesn't work, green screens on PAL or force NTSC...anyone else post what doesn't work other than that i think 1 or 2 JAP games i've tested do not work, so basically any game is going to work

6. eagles5769
    OP

United States
    The biggest thing for me is knowing what I need to do in order for certain games to work such as installing ios's and patching. Particularly I want to play my Rock Band Beatles game I just bought, but I am afraid the game will automatically update my firmware to a non-hackable one. I am on 3.2U with Release 4.1 using this guide: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=133086

7. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    updarte to 4.1 you will have all the ios's, no patching (afraid to know what u mean by that)

heres your personalized, updated compatibility list

Working?
    yes

If it doesnt work then the error is in the chair
    there is no "non-hackable firmware" as u put it
    if u find a game that doesnt run, use the search button and you will find 6million noob threads asking the same question and u will find how to run it.

8. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  9. eagles5769
    OP

United States
    Okay I will update but will I lose any functionality from firmware 3.2???? I thought I heard from someone that updating to 4.1 loses the ability to do a few minor things. Any truth to that or that just lies?? That is the reason I haven't updated yet so as soon as I know I'm not losing anything I will update to latest firmware.

10. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You lose the ability to use Starfall. That's pretty much it. And Starfall is replaced by StartPatch, which does what starfall does even better anyways and you can still use preloader 0.29 instead of either of them to get some brick protection on top of what they do.

As far as compatibility though, WiiPower keeps that link I posted above pretty up to date AFAIK, but it assumes you're not missing any IOS's.