Is there an untethered jailbreak for the iPod touch 4g?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by em2241992, Jan 12, 2011.

1. em2241992
    OP

Member em2241992 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have an an iPod Touch 4g running 4.2.1 firmware, is there an untethered jailbreak available or not yet?
    Also, if I were to jailbreak my iPod, I know it would void my warranty if Apple were to find out, is there anyway to hide that from Apple, or once I do it, I am screwed even if I restore it to factory settings? Any answers are greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Yes. If you have a Mac. And Have jailbroken before. And have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs. And have the 4.2b3 IPSW.
    Yeah... Redsn0w 0.9.7b6 has been released for Mac that makes it a pretty glitch free jailbreak if you've got all the requirements in place. Otherwise wait until Comex or the guy behind Greenpoison come up with an untethering exploit.

As for hiding it from Apple you just need to restore to the latest firmware without a backup (that's a crucial bit) and Apple can't tell the difference. All exploits are software based and written into your iPod's flash memory which is entirely wiped when you restore and no weird settings files will be written if you don't use a backup.