Hacking Is there an "Install and Delete CIA" option that installs multiple cias from a folder...?

atin675

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I want to install like 70 cias from a single folder but want each to 1. Install 2. Delete 3. Then move onto next cia. Want to confirm that the installed cia will delete before moving on to install the next one. Will the "Install and Delete all CIAs" option do this?

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I want to install like 70 cias from a single folder but want each to 1. Install 2. Delete 3. Then move onto next cia. Want to confirm that the installed cia will delete before moving on to install the next one. Will the "Install and Delete all CIAs" option do this?
It will install all CIAs, then delete them all.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn so it 1. Installs all 70 cias 2. Deletes all 70 cias ?
if you select install and detete all cias yes just go to your cias folder in fbi then select current directory then just simply click install and delete all cias

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It actually is: "Install CIA 1. Delete CIA 1. Install CIA 2. Delete CIA 2. Install CIA 3. Delete CIA 3..."

They are deleted as they are installed, not full install, full deletion.
. . . i dont believe you as my personal experience (when attempting to fill my 128gb sd . . . to the brim) tells me otherwise. the deletion does not happen until all cias are installed . . . try it for yourself

Reactions: ThoD

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
. . . i dont believe you as my personal experience (when attempting to fill my 128gb sd . . . to the brim) tells me otherwise. the deletion does not happen until all cias are installed . . . try it for yourself
Hmmm.

I could be wrong, yeah, but I got that from experience.

When installing around 30 GBA cias, I once stopped when it was around half, and the first 14 CIAs that were already installed, had their files already deleted.

But now that I think about it, maybe after "cancelling" the process, they got deleted, I guess. Okay, sorry for missinforming.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any tutorials on this? Would be real helpful :)
i dont think so but gm9 can indeed install cia files (thats how ctr transfers happen) and can use script based commands (see ntrpack thread . . .i dont have a link sorry) but i have not seen any "guide" for writing script for 3ds . . .

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think so but gm9 can indeed install cia files (thats how ctr transfers happen) and can use script based commands (see ntrpack thread . . .i dont have a link sorry) but i have not seen any "guide" for writing script for 3ds . . .
GodMode9 can not install CIA files.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you say it like its a .ctr file it is still .cia
ctrtransfer never used cias, that's sysupdater (and it uses the standard operating system functions for title management)

Nobody has figured out how to edit the ticket.db, title.db and friends - which is a prerequisite to do a clean system reinstall or otherwise install titles without the OS running

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ctrtransfer never used cias, that's sysupdater (and it uses the standard operating system functions for title management)

Nobody has figured out how to edit the ticket.db, title.db and friends - which is a prerequisite to do a clean system reinstall or otherwise install titles without the OS running
i stand corrected . . . good shit
it still does not change the core of my original comment just the app one would need to edit so forget gm9 and edit fbi itself

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning