Gaming Is there an exhaustive list of 3DS games with DLC?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hopefully getting my Gateway shipment this week, but I had a thought (I know, how unusual). Some of the big-name titles I want to play have DLC. While some (like PMD or NSMB2) are crappy, there's games like SMTIV, where the DLC actually ties in with the story, and in that case, I would need to get a retail copy (and have an up-to-date console) in order to get it.

So, is there some kind of list for games with DLC, or do I have to google every game I'm interested in individually?

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll see when you play the game, I guess. I don't know if there is a list but it's possible, but if google can't assist you in finding it then no one can.
I should only see if I'm on a current firmware, but I don't plan on getting a second 3DS until Pokemon comes out (or none at all if Gateway makes giant leaps and bounds in online capability, which I doubt).

And in regards to google, yeah, it'll help, but I'm getting Gateway, so obviously I want to exert no effort whatsoever.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I should only see if I'm on a current firmware, but I don't plan on getting a second 3DS until Pokemon comes out (or none at all if Gateway makes giant leaps and bounds in online capability, which I doubt).

And in regards to google, yeah, it'll help, but I'm getting Gateway, so obviously I want to exert no effort whatsoever.
If there is a DLC option in game that's a good pointer :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh. I wouldn't know. My 3DS has only been on for maybe 5 minutes total. Been keeping its maidenhood.
I don't think any DLC is available on the eShop, it's just an option available in the game, which will show up even if you're offline as far as I know. At least that's how it worked in Theathrhythm and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think any DLC is available on the eShop, it's just an option available in the game, which will show up even if you're offline as far as I know. At least that's how it worked in Theathrhythm and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.
Actually, Fire Emblem: Awakening requires you to be on the latest firmware to be able to download any DLC, so I think the rest are the same case. I know that because it asked me to update last time when they released the relay station update thingy.

As for the list of games with DLC:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
(The three you mentioned, I know)
Therhythm Final Fantasy
Fire Emblem: Awakening (The DLC is pretty good, imo XD)
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies (Free DLC, one free puzzle each day till a year from release)
Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies should have some DLC, as well. I think it was an extra case, not sure.

Those are the ones I know of.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does that work with PMD? The DLC costs monies.

Actually, Fire Emblem: Awakening requires you to be on the latest firmware to be able to download any DLC, so I think the rest are the same case. I know that because it asked me to update last time when they released the relay station update thingy.

New Super Mario Bros. 2
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Therhythm Final Fantasy
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies (Free DLC, one free puzzle each day till a year from release)
Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies should have some DLC, as well. I think it was an extra case, not sure.

Yeah, forgot about Dual Destinies. It is indeed an extra case. You have to defend a whale. Hilarity, ensue!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How does that work with PMD? The DLC costs monies.

Yeah, forgot about Dual Destinies. It is indeed an extra case. You have to defend a whale. Hilarity, ensue!
Costs money in Theathrhythm too. But you have the DLC option ingame. I haven't checked what DLC is actually available in PMD but the fact that there is an option for it alone is a pretty good pointer.

New Super Mario Bros. 2
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Therhythm Final Fantasy

But the option still shows up, right? Don't have to be able to access it to assume that there is DLC available :P

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
maybe eventually versions of the games will come out including all the dlc, just like sometimes they do for pc, ps3 etc, although i doubt it happenning

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh, no, I was just asking how it would work since DLC requires you to be online, and he said it shows even when offline. I know what the actual DLC is.

The menu and option for the DLC probably shows up even when offline, as the feature has been embedded into the game. I don't think it shows you the exact things you can buy as you have to be connected to the internet for that.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The menu and option for the DLC probably shows up even when offline, as the feature has been embedded into the game. I don't think it shows you the exact things you can buy as you have to be connected to the internet for that.
Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm about to go to Gamestop to get SMTIV, so I guess I'll see what it looks like without being online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning