Is there an easy way to transfer EmuNAND to a new SD card?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Jair, May 14, 2016.

1. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    The guides I've seen use a program to clone the sd to an image and then expand the partition. In my opinion it's fairly simple, but is there an easier way? Has anyone written a tool/script specifically for that? I thought of n1ghty's emuNAND Tool but it seems to require both SDs have an EmuNAND partition and it doesn't seem to support RedNAND.

2. hiroakihsu

hiroakihsu SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD

Aug 10, 2003
    United States
    On the edge of my seat
  3. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    Wouldn't that require to dump emunand to file, redo rednand setup on new SD and then restore previous backup NAND to new SD? I wouldn't call it easier, it's about the same.

4. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    That's as good as it gets, although I'd recommend emunandtool.

5. 3dsn00b

3dsn00b GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2016
    SysNand
    Wow, you want it to be simpler than this. You really are lazy aren't you. :rofl:

6. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    I guess it at least doesn't require tools outside the 3DS. Correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't backed up/restored NANDs in a while: If I make the backup as emuNAND.bin it will be saved at the root of the SD right? But when restoring it needs to be inside a "EmuNAND9" folder in the root?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Not really about laziness, it's for a friend who now lives far away sadly we can't seem to coordinate our times to use TeamViewer or similar.

7. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    I'm pretty sure they can be restored from root. I haven't used emunand9 in a long time though.