Is there an easy way to have multiple saves with CFW like with a sky3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mr. Elementle, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Mr. Elementle
    OP

Mr. Elementle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    United States
    Detroit
    So right now i'm using a sky3ds+ on my n3ds, but i just hooked my o3ds up with a9lh, i know sky saves aren't directly compatible with cia saves, but it there an easy way to have multiple saves with cias like with sky?
    With sky i just plug the card into my phone or pc and pick which save i want to use (I add bits to the one i don't want to use, and take it off when i want it) so i can have a pokemon omega ruby save for me, my nephew, and another for me in french, i just take the extra letters off the end and pick up where it left off
    can i do something like this with cfw, or will i have to use a save manager and have to rerip a save everytime i want to switch?

2. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Yes, you have to use save manager. JKSM could do that but a bit more complicate.

3. trinhno

trinhno GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    Senegal
    Install JK's Save Manager'cia. You can just run it from the 3DS. Use that to back-up, you can name the back-ups and separate them. All done on the 3DS without having to take out the card.

4. Mr. Elementle
    OP

Mr. Elementle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    United States
    Detroit
    alright, thank you :}