Is there an easier way to dump cartridges?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by orly3, Apr 19, 2016.

1. orly3
    OP

orly3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    Hey, I've got a vita on 3.51 and I'd like to dump ps battle royale but I really don't want to dump each file individually.
    I dumped files.db and used listdirvita to make an output.txt, but there are 1238 different files to dump!
    I really don't have the time to dump that many files via email attachments so I was wondering if there was any script or alternate method of dumping cartridges?

I'm dumping the game for installation not for asset extraction.

2. MDashK

MDashK GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2011
    Internetus Exploratis
    Now you know the reason why there aren't more dumps available in the scene...

Voxel and orly3 like this.
  3. zekepliskin

zekepliskin GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2015
    Hampshire UK
    Well, that and the fact that almost no Vita owners can make use of backups anyway. Strong encryption + poor game library + expensive memory cards = big problem. :-D

4. orly3
    OP

orly3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    I think the main issue is that producing dumps takes many hours of boring, repetitive work and most people have better/more important things to do with their time.
    I'm hoping for a script or something that lowers the time to an hour or less.

5. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    probably would require elevated hardware access, in my opinion.

Also, you might have trouble with some of the games that have files located more than 7 directories into the filesystem. :/
    But there's apparently a way to bypass that, by following this tutorial. (I, myself, have never got it to work though... :wink:)

I know, I know, it sucks that we have to dump it all manually, file-by-file, at the moment (I am sure there will possibly be a more convenient way soon) :(

6. orly3
    OP

orly3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    FTFY :P

xy2_ and Voxel like this.