Is there an Australian ROM for Smash 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sandvich1, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Sandvich1
    OP

Sandvich1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2012
    Is there an Australian ROM for Smash 3DS?

Alternatively, can Aus players play online with a EU/US rom?

2. superspence

superspence Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    Canada
    Vancouver
    I'm about 90% sure that Australia is considered EU so any EU roms will work, but you can use either rom on a GW, you just can't update via the Eshop.

The easiest thing to do is just download the EU rom and try updating it using the Eshop (make sure you're on emunand and have it fully updated) if it works, then it's the right rom.

3. Sandvich1
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2012
    When trying to play online, I get the error message "You cannot use online services with this game card". I'm unsure if this error is the result of trying to access online play with a EU ROM, or if I just did my header injection wrong (the instructions weren't the best).

Does anyone know specifically what this error message is caused by? Also what version of Emunand should I be using? I opened the Eshop like superspence said and there was no prompt to update anything.

4. icey17

icey17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009
    Hey, I am from Aus too and am trying to sort out the same thing. The update is in the e-shop under recent arrivals, just go there and download that and your game should be 1.02 version. As for the error when going online, I have received the same message, but I think it is from having header information that is not quite right for the region, so I will be trying a few different headers today, someone else may have to confirm that is the error message you get with the wrong header.

5. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    There is a few threads already about smash bros. online not working. From memory it's nothing to do with the ROM region (if you are having the same problem, that is)

6. Oxybelis

Oxybelis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    Renamed ROM to 3dz?

7. Sandvich1
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2012

Yeah.

I'll have a look

I'll try a few different headers now and let you know if I find one that works.

8. icey17

icey17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009

Got mine to work using the gateway to dump another one of my legit games and then put that header in, so definitely that error is from a header which won't work. The header that worked for me in the end was 45F80090.

9. Sandvich1
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2012

I don't have any legit games lol. Would you mind uploading the bin... if that's possible, I'm kind of new to this.

10. Sandvich1
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2012
    Alright, got it working, but the lag is insane. Oh well :(

11. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    That's down to the players' connection not the server(s), so if you change to a different session you may not come across it.

12. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Out of curiosity... anyone in Australia actually own the game? If you use your Gateway to dump the cart, do a file comparison with the European Scene ROM (HxD has a nice file compare option) and see if anything is different.

It SHOULD be identical besides the header - which you can actually strip out using that one ROM patcher tool before doing the check.