Is there an application for file transfer in 3ds to 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by wownmnpare, Apr 22, 2016.

1. wownmnpare
    OP

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    Caloocan
    Is there an application for file transfer in 3ds to 3ds? just like in the psp or download play i think.

for example:
    you and your friend meet each other in the mall with both cfw units and you want to play mh4u but your friend haven't have a .cia file for it but you two have the a file transfer installed in your 3ds. you can transfer it by using that application.

2. Xuman

Xuman GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2012
    United States
    So....like one friend has a file and you want to directly send it?

Afaik there isnt, i just use andftp on my phone and ftp-3ds to transfer stuff. But i agree thatd be nifty to use the ir or wireless to transfer.

wownmnpare likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That gives me an idea, what if FBI had a built in sockfile server, so CIA files could be installed from another console the same way installing from PC works. Not sure how popular such a feature would be but it definitely has its uses.

4. MK73DS

MK73DS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    That would be useful for transferring saves too :)
    When I have a long trip, I take with me multiple 3DSes and I'd love to be able to transfert my saves from one 3DS to another on the go when battery is low :D

5. PaiiNSteven

PaiiNSteven Newbie

3DS FTP servers where you can send things from the 3DS to another 3DS? Yes please. c:

Subtle Demise likes this.
  6. MK73DS

MK73DS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    We just need a 3DS FTP client ^^ I don't think this is very complicated to do ^^

7. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Funny, me and my friend were just talking about such a feature last night. We used to do this on our PSP's all the time to send just about anything to each other. We didn't have much access to a computer so it was useful.