Gaming Is there actual DLC with Samurai Warriors: Chronicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just in a conversation with someone on another site and this popped up....

To start, the topic was if there may be DLC with LoZ: OoT. Of course my answer was no with the game not being Nintendo Wi-Fi specified/having that little blue note on the front of the box art (which could change since there's more info to be revealed).
Now someone decided to post about Samurai Warriors: Chronicles gaining DLC (which kinda debunks my blue Wi-Fi note).

tl;dr Did Samurai Warriors get true extra content added or was it an unlock/change or whatever to what's already in the game? Like with every unlock on the NDS.
i.e. Pokemon game event items or Pokemon obtained off of WFC

EDIT: Title should have been "Is there actual DLC with Samurai Warriors: Chronicles?"
EDIT2: I have my answer. Thanks to machomuu

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
http://www.destructoid.com/samurai-warrior...lc-198023.phtml
Yes. In fact, I suspect you haven't googled it because there are numerous sites talking about its DLC.
Just because it's labeled as such doesn't mean it's what I'm talking about. I have "Googled", it does say DLC, but it doesn't answer what I'm asking. I'm trying to see if it were an actual stage downloaded or just a key of some sort that unlocks or changes things in your game to make it seem like you downloaded it.
i.e. Every single Pokemon game event item or Pokemon given off of WFC.

Nollog said:
QUOTE(Nebz @ Apr 20 2011, 12:11 AM) (like with every DLC on the NDS)
NDS had DLC?

3DS ditched the WFC icon for games.
Look at a street fighter box.
Instead they have those 2 player etc. boxes on the back.
I saw a thread with examples of them here before...
Yeah, that's how the guy who mention SW:C debunked what I was saying. By NDS DLC I mean the unlocks an they give off of Wi-Fi or DS Download stations.
I will change the wording in a sec...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The DLC map should automatically download for anybody with Spotpass enabled in the wireless options menu. Downloaded stages are played in the "Gaiden" section of the campaign's chapter selection screen. I'm not seeing it myself, so we in the West may be waiting a little while for it.
I don't see how that doesn't answer your question, it's not like Pokemon, it's not already there.

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
QUOTE said:
The DLC map should automatically download for anybody with Spotpass enabled in the wireless options menu. Downloaded stages are played in the "Gaiden" section of the campaign's chapter selection screen. I'm not seeing it myself, so we in the West may be waiting a little while for it.
I don't see how that doesn't answer your question, it's not like Pokemon, it's not already there.
How does that answer what I'm asking? It might not use the same method as to obtaining the "DLC" when compared to Pokemon but in no way does it prove whether what's downloaded is an unlock/key to what's already in the game or if it's actually legit new/extra content downloaded.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
QUOTE said:
How does that answer what I'm asking? It might not use the same method as to obtaining the "DLC" when compared to Pokemon but in no way does it prove whether what's downloaded is an unlock/key to what's already in the game or if it's actually new content downloaded.
Because the stage is downloaded, not an event that unlocks the stage. In other words, it's not already in the game before you download it.

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
QUOTE said:
How does that answer what I'm asking? It might not use the same method as to obtaining the "DLC" when compared to Pokemon but in no way does it prove whether what's downloaded is an unlock/key to what's already in the game or if it's actually new content downloaded.
Because the stage is downloaded, not an event that unlocks stage. In other words, it's not already in the game before you download it.
I'm not asking if there's an event or stating that there's an event.
I'm trying to see if it's actual DLC.
Examples:
A.Gears of War has downloaded maps. Extra content added that's not available on disc.
B.Any or every NDS game that has a download feature actually just unlocks/changes things that are already available within the card.

I'm trying to see if SW:C had something like A or B. The article you linked me to proves nothing.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
QUOTE said:

Because the stage is downloaded, not an event that unlocks stage. In other words, it's not already in the game before you download it.

Examples:
A.Gears of War has downloaded maps. Extra content added that's not available on disc.
B.Any or every NDS game that has a download feature actually just unlocks/changes things that are already available within the card.

I'm trying to see if SW:C had something like A or B. The article you linked me to proves neither.
I have said twice already that it doesn't unlock anything.
it's not like Pokemon, it's not already there.
not an event that unlocks the stage.
It is downloaded. It is not already there. It unlocks nothing.

tl;dr, A

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
QUOTE said:
Examples:

I'm trying to see if SW:C had something like A or B. The article you linked me to proves nothing.

WOW really man it says right in the description of the artical " The DLC map should automatically download for anybody with Spotpass enabled in the wireless options menu. " And why can't you take 10 seconds to look for yourself? you would of done had your answer by now if you tried searching yourself and looked at many pages about " samurai warrior chronicles dlc" search term.

And your B... every NDS game that has a download feature actually just unlocks/changes things that are already available within the card.
is totally wrong cause games like professor layton and picross 3d had new dlc puzzles every so often which were in no way shape or form like how you get an unlocked pokemon from an event distro, they were brand new puzzles made each time

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
Okay so you said it... Now can you show or prove to me it's not just a key/unlock?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content
The DLC itself is proof. If I were to shorten what I'd want to say, it's that while Pokemon did gain content wirelessly, it was not DLC because all it did was read a ticket and determine whether to unlock stored content or not. This, however, gains the information from whatever medium they are using and creates the stage out of said instructions and creates the data on the 3DS rather than the cartridge.

P.S. This is the same for other systems. For games such as Halo, they're almost no different than what SWC and DOA Dimensions do.

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
aiRWaLKRe said:
WOW really man it says right in the description of the artical " The DLC map should automatically download for anybody with Spotpass enabled in the wireless options menu. " And why can't you take 10 seconds to look for yourself? you would of done had your answer by now if you tried searching yourself and looked at many pages about " samurai warrior chronicles dlc" search term.

And your B... every NDS game that has a download feature actually just unlocks/changes things that are already available within the card.
is totally wrong cause games like professor layton and picross 3d had new dlc puzzles every so often which were in no way shape or form like how you get an unlocked pokemon from an event distro, they were brand new puzzles made each time

Nice little rant you have there.

Sure it downloads something but is it extra content or an unlock/key. I understand something is downloaded but it doesn't prove whether it's extra content or, as I said before, a key/unlock.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/22/professo...-the-cartridge/
Professor Layton what?
Picross is what... The ONLY game with actual DLC? Either way, this is irrelevant, I've looked at other topics and I have not seen (though I may have overlooked) what I'm looking for, and your clearly implicated insults contributed nothing to what I'm asking.

EDIT: I really don't know any other way to reword this to you....
I know what DLC is but nothing is really answering what I'm looking for. My best example would be with Resident Evil 5. That game had DLC for Versus Mode but it turns out you really just downloaded a 1.86 MB key to unlock what was already on disc.

I'm trying to see if SW:C is the same way. I understand something is Downloaded but I'm trying to see if that were an actual stage downloaded or just another key (like with the RE5 example)

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
EDIT: Oops. Thought you referring to me.
Lol no. You're making sense but I don't think we're on the same page for some reason. Look at my post before this....

I understand that it still sort of counts as DLC but I'd like to know whether that DLC actually contains a stage or if what's downloaded is just another key/unlock.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
Lol no. You're making sense but I don't think we're on the same page for some reason. Look at my post before this....
I get it. Look, the thing is, for ABSOLUTE proof you're going to have to wait until we learn to dump 3DS games. Though I will say this, it was originally impossible for games to really get true DLC without filling the save files with dummy data, while now, similarly to consoles, it save it to internal memory, thus making the 3DS capable of DLC and not just more puzzles as in Layton or Picross 3D. Though for now, there's no definite way of knowing unless they announce it or we find a way to dumb and look inside 3DS games.

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
I get it. Look, the thing is, for ABSOLUTE proof you're going to have to wait until we learn to dump 3DS games. Though I will say this, it was originally impossible for games to really get true DLC without filling the save files with dummy data, while now, similarly to consoles, it save it to internal memory, thus making the 3DS capable of DLC and not just more puzzles as in Layton or Picross 3D. Though for now, there's no definite way of knowing unless they announce it or we find a way to dumb and look inside 3DS games.

Ahhhhh Well that answers my question lol
Glad we finally came to an understanding and sorry for my poor choice of wording. At the time, I couldn't really think of how to get what I was saying across.

Thanks

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You could ask someone with the stage to check their SD card data size against someone who doesn't have the stage.
If it's anywhere we can see, it'll be on SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::bow:HAPPY HOLLIDAY BIRTHDAY Psi ! :bow::grog::toot::hrth: +1