Hacking Is there a Wii emulator... FOR THE WII? (I can't get USB loader to work T-T) (I'm also using vWii)

SwirlyStone5877

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a Wii emulator for the vWii on a Wii U? I keep trying to get USB loader to work but there's nothing I can do! I've homebrewed my vWii, used different drives, the list goes on and on! Can anyone please help? Either advice for USB loader or a link to a Wii emulator would be appreciated! Edit: I figured it out.

Last edited by SwirlyStone5877,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A Emulator thats emulate a Wii on a vWii.... :blink:

As foreword i mention that a some drives are not compatible with USB Loaders, especially a lot of flashdrive sticks, -pens, -card adapter. HDD`s are recommened, e.g. of Western Digital.
This guide, thats pinned on top of the Wii section, is mainly written for USBLGX to verify the hole setup. But if you use USBL Wii Flow Lite it can also help to identify the problem. USBLGX Troubleshooting guide.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
And I still highly recommend usb to SATA adapters with an SSD, so you don't run into power draw problems, like with harddrives.
And my USB stick on my Wii U is still going strong after 7 years, so not everything you read about USB sticks is bullshit. Just don't buy the cheapest crap out there and you'll usually be okay. I stick with Sandisk and Samsung for all my storage needs, and don't run into any problems on Wii or Wii U.

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I still highly recommend usb to SATA adapters with an SSD, so you don't run into power draw problems, like with harddrives.
And my USB stick on my Wii U is still going strong after 7 years, so not everything you read about USB sticks is bullshit. Just don't buy the cheapest crap out there and you'll usually be okay. I stick with Sandisk and Samsung for all my storage needs, and don't run into any problems on Wii or Wii U.
can confirm the only time I’ve ever had issues with flash drives or even sd cards are when using cheapo ones from store like Walmart

Always try and go with Samsung or Sandisk when you can OP!

Reactions: SylverReZ and Jayro

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is there a Wii emulator for the vWii on a Wii U? I keep trying to get USB loader to work but there's nothing I can do! I've homebrewed my vWii, used different drives, the list goes on and on! Can anyone please help? Either advice for USB loader or a link to a Wii emulator would be appreciated!
Question makes no sense. You need about 10 times the processing power in order to emulate a system vs running it natively and emulating it doesn't make any sense in the first place when all the necessary hardware is in place.

First of all, you need a cIOS installed, specifically the d2x cIOS v10-beta52-vWii version. USB loaders won't work without it. If you followed a guide on setting up USB loaders that's made for vWii, you should already have this version installed. cIOS and guides made for Wii won't work on vWii. If you didn't follow a guide, do so.

Flash drives usually don't work with USB loaders, also 2.5" drives need a Y-cable for extra power on Wii U. Either get a Y-cable if you're using a 2.5" external or use a 3.5" external with separate power, and plug it into the top rear port and it should work. (for the Y-cable, plug both cables into the back, swap them around if it doesn't work)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

BraveFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is your problem exactly? If usbloader gx doesn't see content - try to format your flash drive to wbfs or use a supported one. SanDisk MicroMate or Cruzer Glide usb 2.0 work without any issues

Reactions: SylverReZ

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
can confirm the only time I’ve ever had issues with flash drives or even sd cards are when using cheapo ones from store like Walmart

Always try and go with Samsung or Sandisk when you can OP!
Yeah, Walmart's "onn" brand have been confirmed to just be Lexar media that didn't meet Lexar's yields. So it's unreliable media being sold for cheap.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello.