Radioactive Propaganda Minister
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My microSD card recently became corrupt. Unfortunately I didn't back up any of my saves. Are there any ways to restore my files? Please help me.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dont think so.. this is why you backup your saves
lecture.gif

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll let you know if the program you gave me works.

EDIT: Unfortunately the program didn't work, it wouldn't find any files. I forgot to mention that my microSD is formatted in RAW. Everytime I try to format it, Windows wouldn't complete the process. Is there a way I can uncorrupt it or something.

EDIT 2: I put my micro SD in my sister's phone and formatted my memory. Now my micro SD is formatted in FAT. However, the program you gave me Thegame07 still won't work. Any suggestions?

EDIT 3: I found a bunch of cluster files from the program you gave me Thegame07, is there a way I can retrieve my saves?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
Formatting's the worst possible thing you could have done, you've probably got no chance of getting any more files back off of the card now. (I don't know what clusters you have from Thegame's program but don't lose them, that's all you've got now). The whole point of formatting is to remove all / as many traces of files as possible.

When I lost a few saves I just ran Windows XP's built-in disk checking utility. (right-click drive>properties>tools>error checking, tell it to attempt to recover anything). It puts any file fragments it finds into a hidden directory on the drive called "FOUNDxx". They often get smashed together, but if you're lucky some of the fragments will be complete files. It can't recover the filenames, but if you look at the file sizes you can often guess what to rename the files to. Saved me repeating 3 chapters of Phoenix Wright and has bailed me out of more Firefox fuckups than I can count
smile.gif

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should get a program called R-Studio. It can recover data off of a hard drive that doesnt even spin(it happened to me). I even used it on a hard drive that had been reformatted and I got the data off of it from before the format. I dunno if it will work on a memory card, but since it has a drive letter, it should work just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb