Is there a way to...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Mars, Aug 31, 2007.

Aug 31, 2007

Is there a way to... by Mars at 5:51 PM (925 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Mars
    OP

Member Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

United States
    My microSD card recently became corrupt. Unfortunately I didn't back up any of my saves. Are there any ways to restore my files? Please help me.

2. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    dont think so.. this is why you backup your saves [​IMG]

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  4. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
  5. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you need any help give me a shout [​IMG]

6. Mars
    OP

Member Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

United States
    Thanks, I'll let you know if the program you gave me works.

EDIT: Unfortunately the program didn't work, it wouldn't find any files. I forgot to mention that my microSD is formatted in RAW. Everytime I try to format it, Windows wouldn't complete the process. Is there a way I can uncorrupt it or something.

EDIT 2: I put my micro SD in my sister's phone and formatted my memory. Now my micro SD is formatted in FAT. However, the program you gave me Thegame07 still won't work. Any suggestions?

EDIT 3: I found a bunch of cluster files from the program you gave me Thegame07, is there a way I can retrieve my saves?

7. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] Formatting's the worst possible thing you could have done, you've probably got no chance of getting any more files back off of the card now. (I don't know what clusters you have from Thegame's program but don't lose them, that's all you've got now). The whole point of formatting is to remove all / as many traces of files as possible.

When I lost a few saves I just ran Windows XP's built-in disk checking utility. (right-click drive>properties>tools>error checking, tell it to attempt to recover anything). It puts any file fragments it finds into a hidden directory on the drive called "FOUNDxx". They often get smashed together, but if you're lucky some of the fragments will be complete files. It can't recover the filenames, but if you look at the file sizes you can often guess what to rename the files to. Saved me repeating 3 chapters of Phoenix Wright and has bailed me out of more Firefox fuckups than I can count [​IMG]

8. Zendrik

Member Zendrik GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You should get a program called R-Studio. It can recover data off of a hard drive that doesnt even spin(it happened to me). I even used it on a hard drive that had been reformatted and I got the data off of it from before the format. I dunno if it will work on a memory card, but since it has a drive letter, it should work just fine.