Homebrew Question Is there a way to use the Switch as an SMB/SAMBA drive?

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The New 3DS has it's "Micro SD data management tool" or whatever it's called that lets you transfer files using SMB. Does the Switch have a homebrew app that lets you do that (or even better, running in the background)? Reason is so I can play games in Retroarch on my Switch when I'm out and about, then play them at home on Retroarch on my much more powerful PC. Which means that all my games/saves are in one place, I can use cores that the Switch version of Retroarch doesn't have, and I can run N64/Dreamcast games at 1080p without stutter. I'm currently using sys-ftpd, which does the job I guess, but it isn't always a solid connection. Besided, I heard that SMB was much faster than FTP.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The New 3DS has it's "Micro SD data management tool" or whatever it's called that lets you transfer files using SMB. Does the Switch have a homebrew app that lets you do that (or even better, running in the background)? Reason is so I can play games in Retroarch on my Switch when I'm out and about, then play them at home on Retroarch on my much more powerful PC. Which means that all my games/saves are in one place, I can use cores that the Switch version of Retroarch doesn't have, and I can run N64/Dreamcast games at 1080p without stutter. I'm currently using sys-ftpd, which does the job I guess, but it isn't always a solid connection. Besided, I heard that SMB was much faster than FTP.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tx-pres...01-now-with-smb-samba-and-cloud-saves.551784/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte