Is there a way to use the datel PowerSave tool on a save exported from a digital game with JKSV/SDF?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by frickt122, Dec 19, 2016.

1. frickt122
    OP

frickt122 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2016
    United States
    title

2. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    To the best of my knowledge, Powersaves works on legit retail cartridges only AND apparently some roms loaded on sky3DS flashcard (not sure if that was ever confirmed though)

What game are you trying to edit the save for? Heaps of games have had homebrew save editors released.

Also if you have a Gateway 3DS or NTR-CFW, you can cheat in real time in most games.

3. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    The powersaves saves are encrypted and depending on the save I think you can decrypt them somewhow

4. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
  5. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Technically correct, but all we can do is partially decrypt them, and even then, only pokemon x/y/or/as saves. this is because datel (despite being a 3rd party company) dosent allow the editing of save files unless the said editing is done on using their codes.

th reason we cant fully decrypt them is because they use some kind of checksum, and once we decrypt it, do edits, then encrypt, the checksums wont match. therefore, the powersaves device rejects the save

6. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    One of the reasons I prefer free alternatives

7. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Nope. As much as PowerSaves is handy, it's not very good. I own one, but... Well. I hate that you need to be online to use cheats.

KunoichiZ likes this.
  8. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States

me too, and the free ones are always better imo. plus, only datel charges you $15-$20 to get a licence for the dang thing, then charge like an extra $5 if you want to set up an exploit game cause you have to be a "powersaves pro member". mind you, before cart based exploits, datel didnt give a crap about what game you used, so long as you bought there device. then they saw all these exploits, and decided to extort folks for something they coulda prolly done for free.

9. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Powersaves was quite a breakthrough when it first came out though, it was released in a time when we didn't have the luxury of savedatafiler and jksm to decrypt/dump save files and PC tools to edit them.