Homebrew is there a way to use ps1 games to dvd-r for wiisx?

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why'd you'd want to do this. You will need a Wii capable of reading DVD discs(older version) which I would guess you have if you're asking this. If WiiSX supports loading from DVD(which I believe it's supposed to) then it should be as simple as dropping the ISO or CUE and BIN files(if WiiSX accepts that format) onto a blank DVD and burn the disc. WiiSX should give you the option of loading from a DVD, then you should be able to select the game you want from the menu. I would honestly suggest going USB Hard Drive for pretty much anything over burning a disc as a burned disc puts a lot of stress and strain on the laser when reading from them, thus your laser will die much quicker.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why'd you'd want to do this. You will need a Wii capable of reading DVD discs(older version) which I would guess you have if you're asking this. If WiiSX supports loading from DVD(which I believe it's supposed to) then it should be as simple as dropping the ISO or CUE and BIN files(if WiiSX accepts that format) onto a blank DVD and burn the disc. WiiSX should give you the option of loading from a DVD, then you should be able to select the game you want from the menu. I would honestly suggest going USB Hard Drive for pretty much anything over burning a disc as a burned disc puts a lot of stress and strain on the laser when reading from them, thus your laser will die much quicker.

yeah i have an old wii that reads disk i was just wondering so i may do this with a dvd-r... i just wanted to test that.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's odd i burned some games to a dvd-r and i get an error with it.

error opening directory "\"

that's werid... i wonder what's wrong...

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I found this topic from a while ago, it may help in your quest! http://gbatemp.net/topic/265129-wiisx-dvd-help/ also the Wiibrew page claims the following:

.CUE is not working from DVD, select the .bin directly

ISOs can be in any format, .bin/.cue/.img/.ccd
ISOs may be loaded via SDGecko / Front-SD / USB / DVD / Samba
ISOs can be placed anywhere if using a DVD

I've read that you need to have the latest version of DVDX installed from the latest Hackmii installer, which can be had by going to please.hackmii.com and getting the letterbomb package and make sure "bundle the hackmii installer for me" is checked.

You can run the hackmii installer from HBC and install DVDX from there. Also it has been said that the latest system menu 4.3 deletes DVDX on boot(Not sure if it's still true with the latest version of DVDX though) and that you can block it somehow by setting some option in PriiLoader.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO it's not worth using the disc option the games will load and run much slower from the disc.

it will well i guess a EX hard drive is the way to go for this i need to download more games so it does not matter... i think i'm going go that route.. but i have to wait to may which sucks cause my mom's said i may have her's but she's in Florida

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
it will well i guess a EX hard drive is the way to go for this i need to download more games so it does not matter... i think i'm going go that route.. but i have to wait to may which sucks cause my mom's said i may have her's but she's in Florida
Did you try doing what I said and installing the latest version of DVDX?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if it can work as WiiSX is designed to use DVDX v2, but as it's using IOS58 to enable USB maybe you can try to enable the DVD access using AHBPROT flags.
You need to launch it from HBC 1.0.7+ based on IOS58, and add this tag in the meta.xml (for example on the line before ).

I don't know if it will work, it's just an idea to test.

Note: use the original WiiSX 2.x which is based on IOS58.
If you use WiiSX mod, it's reloading on a cIOS 202, so it will not work.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i'm using the mod let me try the 2.1 regular.

ok i got some good news and bad news.

good news is i heard the dvd sound has soon has i put it in.

bad news is it still gives me the same error has i said before.

so yeah...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: