Hacking Is there a way to use a classic controller as a pro controller?

RaikuGMR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is probably a dumb question, but maybe it's possible, there's a way to use usb controllers as pro controllers, why not classic controllers?

RaikuGMR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well, a lot of games that support the Pro Controller, support the Classic Controller as well. At least from my experience.
Some games like NSMBU, Hyrule Warriors and all Zelda games don't, I hope there is a way to make a classic controller look like a pro controller so I can invite more people to play those games, or play them myself with a classic controller instead

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for one thing, Classic controller don't feature clickable Analogs like pro controller, so if games use that, you are out of luck. Just wanna point that out. Most games on wii u that don't need such a thing can use the classic controller i assume like super smash bros, maybe pokken tournament and what not. But don't quote me on that. If the back of the game case or eshop description doesn't say it supports classic controller then i guess it won't. Only homebrew I know that may help is the gamepad to HID which basically makes a usb controller act like the game pad, so depends on if it helps or not is subjective. :unsure:

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well for one thing, Classic controller don't feature clickable Analogs like pro controller, so if games use that, you are out of luck. Just wanna point that out. Most games on wii u that don't need such a thing can use the classic controller i assume like super smash bros, maybe pokken tournament and what not. But don't quote me on that. If the back of the game case or eshop description doesn't say it supports classic controller then i guess it won't. Only homebrew I know that may help is the gamepad to HID which basically makes a usb controller act like the game pad, so depends on if it helps or not is subjective. :unsure:
Not having clickable sticks didn't stop idiots from playing Zelda on the Switch with a gamecube controller and calling it the best thing ever.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Not having clickable sticks didn't stop idiots from playing Zelda on the Switch with a gamecube controller and calling it the best thing ever.
Well, not having clickable sticks only takes your ability to crouch, so it's not that big of a deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1