Gaming is there a way to update games on hacked switch without a computer?

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically you could use the built in browser to download from a website (like one's that host the update nsp's that could be ripped), but I am not sure there is a homebrew that supports downloads through that yet.

Michael Morsette

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update using a non-hacked Switch.

1. Ensure your console has the latest system update.
  2. From the HOME Menu, select the icon for the software you wish to update without starting the game or application.
    Important:
    Ensure that all Nintendo Switch systems select the same software icon. If a different software is selected, you will not be able to join a local group.

hac-screenshot-homemenu-games.jpg
  3. Press the "+" or "-" Button on your controller, then select "Software Update" > "Match Version with Local Users" > "Next."
    • If this option is unavailable, you must install the latest system update on your console.
  4. Once all users are on the screen that allows them to either create or join a group, designate one user to select "Create Group."
    • The rest of the users must then select "Join Group" and select the local group created by the designated user.
  5. Once the desired users have joined the local group, the group creator must then select "Start Communication."
    • If there is software to update, all the user's software will be updated to match the most recent version of the group.
https://en-americas-support.nintend.../how-to-update-software-data-via-a-local-user

Note: you don't have to be updated for this to work, but I do believe you need to be at the same release number as the unhacked switch your using. I've used this method a number of times and it works great.

The other option would be to find "backed up" update and install, I think Tinfoil can be used for that. I haves used that method though so can't speak to it.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when there is a release and im at the job , i create a hotspot with my phone ,download the file , connect my switch , with nx-shell i make an ftp server and switch the nsp file over wifi with andFTP on android . install with goldleaf on my switch .

Last edited by 1NOOB,

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
You can update using a non-hacked Switch.

1. Ensure your console has the latest system update.
  2. From the HOME Menu, select the icon for the software you wish to update without starting the game or application.
    Important:
    Ensure that all Nintendo Switch systems select the same software icon. If a different software is selected, you will not be able to join a local group.

hac-screenshot-homemenu-games.jpg
  3. Press the "+" or "-" Button on your controller, then select "Software Update" > "Match Version with Local Users" > "Next."
    • If this option is unavailable, you must install the latest system update on your console.
  4. Once all users are on the screen that allows them to either create or join a group, designate one user to select "Create Group."
    • The rest of the users must then select "Join Group" and select the local group created by the designated user.
  5. Once the desired users have joined the local group, the group creator must then select "Start Communication."
    • If there is software to update, all the user's software will be updated to match the most recent version of the group.
https://en-americas-support.nintend.../how-to-update-software-data-via-a-local-user

Note: you don't have to be updated for this to work, but I do believe you need to be at the same release number as the unhacked switch your using. I've used this method a number of times and it works great.

The other option would be to find "backed up" update and install, I think Tinfoil can be used for that. I haves used that method though so can't speak to it.

I totally forgot about this! Totally doable if you have a friend that has the same games, or a second switch :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night