Is there a way to turn on my computer from my wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gigasguy, Jun 9, 2010.

1. gigasguy
    OP

gigasguy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    I know about VNCWii and everything, but to do that I have to go to my computer and turn it on anyway. Is there a way to turn on my computer from my wii so that I can use the VNC?

2. gameboy13

gameboy13 Orange and fluffy since 1995.

Mar 21, 2010
    United States
    The Fur Side.
    Nope, sorry.

3. Njrg

Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

Banned
    Dec 24, 2008
    United States
    Ivalice
    You poor thing...

But really, how selfish can yo be? Do you even realize in Africa, some people have to walk as far as 15 miles to turn on their Wii's to use their VCN?! You should be grateful for having only to walk a few steps because others aren't so fortunate. >:[

4. OverjoY

OverjoY GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2010
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam
    Yes you can. Look here

5. gameboy13

gameboy13 Orange and fluffy since 1995.

Mar 21, 2010
    United States
    The Fur Side.
    This is for waking your PC, not not turning it on from a completely off state.

6. OverjoY

OverjoY GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2010
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam
    It'll work even if your pc is completely turned off

7. gameking66

gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    BIOS, bootloader, and power off says hi.

Unless you have a hardware device actually telling your PC to press it's on button it won't turn it on from a complete off state.

No, there is no hardware device that will turn on your PC from a wireless signal (that I know of anyway, it'd be rather useless).

8. monkat

monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

Banned
    May 21, 2009
    United States
    Virginia
    You made me lol.

I never really understood the purpose of these things when involving a home computer. Both are computers. Both are in the same building. Unless they are right next to each other, you can't do both at the same time anyway. What do you have to tweet so badly that it has to be done before you get up?

9. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    ATX boards are never completely off unless the power supply is disconnected; pushing the power button is just a signal telling it to wake up. The same signal can come from PCI(E) slots or onboard chips, or basically anything that can use the +5VSB line, as long as your bios supports it (my AMD Duron from 10 years ago does). The wireless broadcast packet from the wii only has to reach the router where it should be retransmitted over the wired LAN.