Hardware Is there a way to turn off the display for the Wii U Gamepad?

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never use it to play games. I always use my pro controller. I've looked in all the options to try and turn off the display while I'm not using it. Is there a way to turn it off? I think it would be crazy if there was no option for that. For the time being I've just been letting the battery drain.

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It automatically stops charging when the orange light goes off. It's safe.

Thank you.

So I guess there's no option to just turn off the display or stop it from turning on, huh? I've only used the thing 2-3 times and I hated that I have to throw something over the screen or put it face down so the display wouldn't distract me while I'm playing with the pro controller.

loco365

Trophies
XP
If you go to the Home Menu and go to the Controller Settings, you can turn off the screen of the Gamepad from there. I think the screen comes back on if you tap the screen or press a Gamepad button though.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go to the Home Menu and go to the Controller Settings, you can turn off the screen of the Gamepad from there. I think the screen comes back on if you tap the screen or press a Gamepad button though.

Thanks. i'll check that out.

Omegadash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tap the sync button on the console twice or until it displays the playing card symbols then just press and hold the power button on the gamepad till it's off. The console will stay on and the gamepad will be off :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome