is there a way to transfer the .sav file?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by calvin_0, Aug 24, 2007.

Aug 24, 2007
  1. calvin_0
    OP

Member calvin_0 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    is there a way to transfer my .sav file from my R4DS into the original game cart?...without ruin the game cart.

i'm asking this because there is a game that i plan to get the original game but i dont want to loss all the thing that i have done in the game....

thanks.

2. yooeee

Newcomer yooeee Advanced Member

United States
    there are a couple ways I believe, but check out Rudolph's tools. He has one the can do it via wifi, one that uses the EZ 3in1 Flash Cart, and one for slot 2 devices. Look up his stuff in this forum for instructions.

These tools can be used to backup the save of the retail cart, backup the game itself, and restore a save file onto the retail cart. I'll be using this with the 3in1. I don't really feel like working with the wifi, b/c it involves dling a program on my pc that i think is unnecessary as soon as i get my 3in1. It also involves ftp steups taht i'm too lazy to touch.

For the 3in1, it involves swapping out the slot 1 card (in my case the R4) for the game when the .nds backup program says and it copies the save to the 3in1, then you reset the NDS and on running the backup program it copies the save onto the slot 1 card. I believe for files larger than the cart, it has to cycle through copying sections of the file until it is finished.

well use this link as a starter. maybe it'd be worth doing the wifi method if you don't have a slot 2 or 3in1.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=58572&hl=

3. calvin_0
    OP

Malaysia
    i cant get it to work...help....

there is no instruction on the wifi version...and the wifi version keep on running on default setting...regarless what i did in the .ini files....

and i already patch the .nds file...(R4DS feature auto patcher) and i also have try to patch it manually.....

please help.

4. Zaraf

Member Zaraf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    There is a program called Rain which you can use to dump and write the save file of a real DS game card. However, you will require a slot-2 flash card.

5. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    All the functions in Rudolph's backup tool for EZ 3 in 1 work great!

6. yooeee

Newcomer yooeee Advanced Member

United States
    yeah i don't know anything about the wifi program. i didn't even want to try. i read that the 3in1 is easy. for $20 it seems like a steal for all that it can do (gba games along with backup...and i guess homebrew, but dldi takes care of most of that for me anyway). so it might be a worthwhile investment.

7. SnickS

Member SnickS GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Try to follow this, I think it's the best guide for the program savsender

edit: 1 thing I think the tutorial doesn't mention is how too use dumped saves on cards that use 512 KB saves (like the R4). It's very easy, just use a hex editor and fill the file up till it's 512 KB.

8. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
  9. SnickS

Member SnickS GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I think that savereceiver doesn't send the saves to the card, it only downloads them. (Ok you can still upload them to the card, but you'll still have to use savesender)

10. calvin_0
    OP

Malaysia
    thanks, i already settle it...using save sender....