Homebrew Is there a way to tap into the full horsepower of the new 3ds to run NDA games better

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I understand the ds and dsi use arm9 while the 3ds used arm 11 and of course has a lot more horsepower than either ds model problem with a when running NDs games from twilight menu or any other solution at best it can use the dsi level horsepower and can’t actually use the 3ds horsepower. I know you wouldn’t need it normally which is why it’s not an issue normally but as a guy who uses 60fps patches on ds games even dsi mode May not be enough for a full 60 whereas I know the 3ds full power would be enough to get it there which is why I ask if there is a way to tap into the full arm11 horsepower of the new 3ds when running NDs games would actually be an advantage now to run them off a 3ds instead of dsi

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
No, DS(i) games run in their own hardware sandbox. There are few ways to talk with the 3DS side and they are all slow. Clock speed can't be increased further than what DSi mode offers either.

playsaves3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, DS(i) games run in their own hardware sandbox. There are few ways to talk with the 3DS side and they are all slow. Clock speed can't be increased further than what DSi mode offers either.
Is there a way to bypass this limitation so we can tap into the better power similar to what the ps4 pro does for ps4 games or even the ps5 does?

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
No. As i explained DS and DSi software is isolated from the 3DS side including the ARM11 cores. Both sides have entirely different address spaces inaccessible to each other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?