Emulation Is there a way to stretch the wii u VC?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,590
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
Was trying out the mario 64 cirtual console wii u release and the tv basically played it in a box. Is there some way to stretch it to the tv?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use your TV to stretch it, but it will look awful, and I don't know why you would. You should have two black bars on the left and right sides of the screen if you're using a widescreen TV and everything is displayed properly.

D

Deleted User

OP
You can use your TV to stretch it, but it will look awful, and I don't know why you would. You should have two black bars on the left and right sides of the screen if you're using a widescreen TV and everything is displayed properly.
I would prefer not to have those there, that's my issue.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, for N64 VC games you can, and you can remove the dark filter for N64 games as well: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-vi...re-dark-filter-and-widescreen-support.517158/

You can make the DS VC games widescreen and remove the dark filter there as well, the method is only slightly different, mentioned in that thread as well. It may be possible to do for other VC games, I'm sure it is, but the method isn't the same as for N64 or DS VC titles on Wii U.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yes, for N64 VC games you can, and you can remove the dark filter for N64 games as well: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-vi...re-dark-filter-and-widescreen-support.517158/

You can make the DS VC games widescreen and remove the dark filter there as well, the method is only slightly different, mentioned in that thread as well. It may be possible to do for other VC games, I'm sure it is, but the method isn't the same as for N64 or DS VC titles on Wii U.
I'll look into that, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended