Hardware Is there a way to save GC gamesaves TO the Wii?

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well look, I got a Gamecube game recently, and, stupidly enough, after not owning an official gamecube for over 4 years, I totally forgot I needed a GC Memory card...Noobish right? Well it happened. I am so mad because I was playing the Gamecube game today, and so far in the game, then to find out it says no memory card inserted in slot A. I was like, "Om...fg -.-" Why doesn't Nintendo save the GC games to the wii system memory like all the VC games and etc? Is there a way to save the gamecube gamesaves to the wii at all?
"

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You cant save the data to the wii system memory as when you boot a gamecube game, all the wii functionality turns off, rendering it a gamecube.

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adriande2 said:
wait...
why did you even buy a GC if you have a wii and you can put a GC memory card into the wii? that's the confusing part

I said I got a GC GAME a couple days ago. And after not officially owning a GameCube system after about 7 years, (I traded it in at Gamestop), I totally forgot you needed a memory card for it.

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
adriande2 said:
wait...
why did you even buy a GC if you have a wii and you can put a GC memory card into the wii? that's the confusing part

I said I got a GC GAME a couple days ago. And after not officially owning a GameCube system after about 7 years, (I traded it in at Gamestop), I totally forgot you needed a memory card for it.
sry i must have misread

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cheap memory cards can be found on eBay. Don't worry about space, as a program available through the Homebrew Channel lets you copy GC saves from the memory card to your SD card for archival purposes.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i highly recommend this memory card from DX
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6214

its so cheap and a massive 256 meg.

i havent used it much yet, but if we can play gc isos soon using softmod... i'm prepared
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: