Homebrew Is there a way to run TCPGecko and SDCafiine at the same time?

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the BOTW trainer as well as load certain mods (really just one mod, the slingshot over the boko bow), but I'm not finding it possible to get both happening at the same time. Don't get me wrong, i can get both working just fine, the BOTW trainer after booting TCPGecko and then loading BOTW and my slignshot mod by first launching SDCafiine and then booting BOTW. If I try to do both, however, they will not both load. If I first boot TCPGecko, then go back to the homebrew launcher and boot SDCafiine, the Wii U freezes. If I first boot SDCafiine and then booth TCPGecko and then boot BOTW, it stops recognizing that SDCafiine was ever booted, I can use the trainer, but my mod doesn't load. Is there a trick to getting this done?

If not, could some sort of homebrew app be developed that combines the TCPGecko and SDCafiine functions into one single homebrew application so that after I boot that and return to the main menu, once I boot the likes of BOTW, the mods from SDCafiine will load, while the trainer that connects through TCPGecko connects and works properly as well. I would really love it if that could happen.

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the BOTW trainer as well as load certain mods (really just one mod, the slingshot over the boko bow), but I'm not finding it possible to get both happening at the same time. Don't get me wrong, i can get both working just fine, the BOTW trainer after booting TCPGecko and then loading BOTW and my slignshot mod by first launching SDCafiine and then booting BOTW. If I try to do both, however, they will not both load. If I first boot TCPGecko, then go back to the homebrew launcher and boot SDCafiine, the Wii U freezes. If I first boot SDCafiine and then booth TCPGecko and then boot BOTW, it stops recognizing that SDCafiine was ever booted, I can use the trainer, but my mod doesn't load. Is there a trick to getting this done?

If not, could some sort of homebrew app be developed that combines the TCPGecko and SDCafiine functions into one single homebrew application so that after I boot that and return to the main menu, once I boot the likes of BOTW, the mods from SDCafiine will load, while the trainer that connects through TCPGecko connects and works properly as well. I would really love it if that could happen.
Bump!

I seem to be having the same issue, I know it's possible. Just not sure how...

Demothens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe this is possible as of yet but keep an eye on the Wii U Plugin System. It allows you to load multiple plugins at once. SDCafiine has already been ported to it, and it looks like BullyWiiPlaza is currently working on porting TCPGecko.

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe this is possible as of yet but keep an eye on the Wii U Plugin System. It allows you to load multiple plugins at once. SDCafiine has already been ported to it, and it looks like BullyWiiPlaza is currently working on porting TCPGecko.
Yeah, but I've seen Ray Koopa load hacks and mods at the same time. Like in this video where he played a modified version of MK8 SNES rainbow road with 300cc hacks. (He modifed the thwomp speeds, if your wondering)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW_tfPCHe_I

Demothens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way i know that you could do it is by hardmodding the game, then using tcpgecko. You can hardmod a game by using ftpiiu to replace base game files with the modded ones. But then if you wanted to play the unmodified game again you would have to restore the original files. If your interested in doing it this way and need more info let me know.

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way i know that you could do it is by hardmodding the game, then using tcpgecko. You can hardmod a game by using ftpiiu to replace base game files with the modded ones. But then if you wanted to play the unmodified game again you would have to restore the original files. If your interested in doing it this way and need more info let me know.
Hardmod? Never heard of this, but it sounds neat. One question about it, does hardmodding a game disk cause it to load the modded files on any Wii U system? Even if it has CFW or not.

Demothens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once the plugin is loaded press L+R+ZL+ZR on the gamepad. The screenshot will save on the sd card in the path "sd:/wiiu/screenshots/"

juuyokka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using Geckiine? It was made for the very purpose of using TCP Gecko and SDCafiine at the same time. Personally I've never tried it (mostly because I don't know how to use SDCafiine) but you can try it out and let me know.

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using Geckiine? It was made for the very purpose of using TCP Gecko and SDCafiine at the same time. Personally I've never tried it (mostly because I don't know how to use SDCafiine) but you can try it out and let me know.
I’ve tried it, but I could never get any of the mods to load, only the hacks. (I most likely put them on the wrong file structure) You can try to mess with it to see if you get the mods to load. If you need file reference, then look at the file structure in the dump of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: