Hardware Is there a way to repair this Wii Remote?

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Only lasted a year. It actually works, but only if I twist it like this:

2yyk.png

Here's a video:

Here are some pictures:

w5x.png

wgz9.png

g7kw.png

8mej.png

xgsc.png

t0m.png

HIGH RES
dbx1.jpg

HIGH RES
zcf5.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If it works as long as you twist it, it's a contact issue. Remove the batteries, get a pack of q-tips and high-proof alcohol with no additives (spirit would be welcome) and start cleaning that PCB. Don't "pour it all over", dip a q-tip in the alcohol and go along the PCB lines, avoiding the chips and gently scrubbing at the contact points. Also make sure that you put it back together properly so that there are no loose connections. On first glance I can't see any physical damage so it's probably contact oxidation some loose connection - happens over time/due to impact/due to moisture.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If it works as long as you twist it, it's a contact issue. Remove the batteries, get a pack of q-tips and high-proof alcohol with no additives (spirit would be welcome) and start cleaning that PCB. Don't "pour it all over", dip a q-tip in the alcohol and go along the PCB lines, avoiding the chips and gently scrubbing at the contact points. Also make sure that you put it back together properly so that there are no loose connections. On first glance I can't see any physical damage so it's probably contact oxidation some loose connection - happens over time/due to impact/due to moisture.

Tried that, still the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: yippeeeeeee