Homebrew Is there a way to remove Wii U preinstalled channels?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before, not even sure this is the right place to post this, I wasn't able to find a strait answer. I was hoping there was, kinda like how you can uninstall tickets and crap off the 3DS that you don't use or want. If there isn't no biggy, just thought I'd ask here. If there isn't a way to remove the per-installed channels then I'll just move them all the way to the last channels page so I don't have to see them lol :D

neoninteger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's probably better to just move the titles you don't want to see into a folder on the last page.

Theoretically, someone could probably create an app that issues the needed MCP commands to delete the wanted titles, but this will likely come with a bunch of unintended side-effects. For example, deleting Mii Maker will likely prevent you from being able to create/modify user accounts (which launch Mii Maker to allow you to select/edit Miis), deleting Wii U Chat may not work at all (what would happen when you get a call?) and deleting System Settings/Parental Controls is just asking for trouble. You could make a case for deleting the Play Log and Health and Safety titles, but again, I wouldn't recommend anyone try this without a NAND backup and a means of restoring such a backup.

On top of this, deleting the titles might not even hide the icons from the menu (its possible that the system title icons are hard-coded). Nobody has ever tried deleting these titles (at least to the best of my knowledge) and so there's a lot of unknown information on this topic.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably better to just move the titles you don't want to see into a folder on the last page.

Theoretically, someone could probably create an app that issues the needed MCP commands to delete the wanted titles, but this will likely come with a bunch of unintended side-effects. For example, deleting Mii Maker will likely prevent you from being able to create/modify user accounts (which launch Mii Maker to allow you to select/edit Miis), deleting Wii U Chat may not work at all (what would happen when you get a call?) and deleting System Settings/Parental Controls is just asking for trouble. You could make a case for deleting the Play Log and Health and Safety titles, but again, I wouldn't recommend anyone try this without a NAND backup and a means of restoring such a backup.

On top of this, deleting the titles might not even hide the icons from the menu (its possible that the system title icons are hard-coded). Nobody has ever tried deleting these titles (at least to the best of my knowledge) and so there's a lot of unknown information on this topic.

Thanks, I did just that, stuck them in a folder and shoved them all the way to the back :P I'm gonna post this question else where but maybe you can answer it as well. I was using my 32GB Micro SD with SD adapter to install Wii U games but it finally crapped out on me yesterday and I was thinking of trying to use my Nexus player Tablet or a flash drive to install games. Is there away that this will work? I can do it?

Thanks again for the help :)

Last edited by Centrix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: