Gaming Is there a way to remove voices from wii games

heraymo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to find a way to remove the us bleach game voices and i can't seem to find a way to do it. is there a way to extract and change the format to wave so i can use them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Extract and convert is different to remove, which most would interpret to mean take the voices, keep the music and other sound effects.

For the latter assuming there is not an option in the menu, or if there it is also gets rid of sfx or all sound which you do you want to keep then you have a few options. Simplest is find the audio and blank it, delete it or otherwise somehow render it such that the system makes no noise from them (this can include dropping the volumes to 0 but having them still play). Things like dropping the volume mean you have to learn the format, things like editing the sound handling mean you have to learn that and things like deleting it or renaming a no sound file mean you only have to find the files in the first place. On older systems you did also have the option of blanking audio channels but that is not so useful on the wii, still possible in some cases though.

Conversion to a more common format then.
The wii is a vaguely powerful modern computing device so there are any number of formats that can be used. In practice the Wii has a couple of formats in common rotation. BRSTM is the one many would be familiar with and while it is a Nintendo created format it tends to be more for their games which are often the more well known to hackers. http://fileformats.archiveteam.org/wiki/Audio_and_Music#Game_audio_and_music has a bunch, there may or may not be conversion tools for them.
In my experience a lot of these anime games do something a tiny bit more custom but still cover the basics rather than leaping immediately to the hard stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    dont forget css
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    that's just styling
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you're designing from the ground up you'll need php to store registration information into mysql databases
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    you don't need php you just need some backend if you need registrations
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you use a service it's still technically not your coding unless it's open source
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    The backend code can be written in a lot of languages
    Gift
    " that's just styling" fair but styling is important
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Yeah but you still need to know more then css html and js
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    it certainly is
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Styling is not important lol
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    but css is for designers or full stack devs
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you have enough information stored users could care less if it's black and white
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Plenty of phpbb themes are set to default and have 50k members
    Gift
    yeah but i would prefer websites to not look like dogshit
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    Why would you need more than js, html and css for a basic website? You might need sql for your database but thats about it
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you want to truly call it your work that's why lol
    Gift
    actually that makes me think what's the line between "tolerably bad" and "this is so dogshit i won't even think of using it"
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    what? lol
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    If I write all my js css and html why would the work not be mine?
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    A basic site sure doesn't need it but if you want a community it's important
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    But still style isn't everything when it comes to websites
    Gift
    i think gbatemp's the only website where i've been made fun of for having an iphone
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Lol owning an iphone
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Honestly though tons of businesses rely on Apple products so eh who cares what you use
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I don't know of a professional studio recorder that doesn't use protools for example
    Gift
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: I don't know of a professional studio recorder that doesn't use protools for example