Hacking Is there a way to reformat my USB HD?

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, I have installed the appropriate files to run USB loaders off my Wii.

1) I had a loader that was 1.4 something, it asked me to format my USB HD. So I did.
2) It worked fine, I started backing up Fatal Frame IV and it stopped at 53%.
3) I tried multiples times and Fatal Frame IV would not be copied over.
4) Each time it stopped at a random %, I had to power down the Wii. The USB HD wasn't flashing, it flashes when it's copying.
5) Having said that, I tried Animal Crossing and Mario Kart Wii, both of which copied over normally.
6) Fatal Frame IV can't be copied and my USB HD isn't read by my PCs, I tried 3 different. It can read the HD but it doesn't show up on my Computer.

The HD can still copy over regular games I guess (Japanese games out of the question?), but I can't access it on my PC.

Is there a method to force the Wii to reformat it back to normal so I can retry Fatal Frame IV or something? And not even that, I'd like to do a complete normal reformat on a PC before having a go on the Wii.

Hope this wasn't asked many times.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah. Just format it from your PC and make sure the partition has a drive letter assigned, then reformat it in the Wii or in a wbfs manager.

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Well yeah. Just format it from your PC and make sure the partition has a drive letter assigned, then reformat it in the Wii or in a wbfs manager.

It doesn't show up as a drive on my PC. It only let's me see "Click here to safely remove a USB device".

I tried on 3 PCs, 2 XPs and Vista. All of them 'read' a drive but wouldn't display it on "My Computer".

I also tried WBFS manager and it also didn't show up there. However the USB drive itself has no problem copying new games and playing them.

Except Fatal Frame IV, do Japanese/PAL games copy over to NSTC-U Wiis? And can I force a USB loader to reformat my HD?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you gone into Disk Management yet? You should be able to reformat it from there.

Start -> Run, type compmgmt.msc and you'll be there.

bzaigege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try going to

My Control Panel
(in Category View/not Classic View) Performance and Maintenance
Administrative Tools
Computer Management
(on Left) Disk Management
Figure out which one is your USB HDD
Right Click >>>>>Format

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Have you gone into Disk Management yet? You should be able to reformat it from there.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

It worked.

Many thanks. By the way, aren't you also on LL? I remember you posting in one of my threads over USB loader.

Thanks everyone.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
MrBubbles said:
FenrirWolf said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

It worked.

Many thanks. By the way, aren't you also on LL? I remember you posting in one of my threads over USB loader.

Thanks everyone.

I'm a LLer
tho you all probably know that already
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)