Homebrew Is there a way to re-link emuNAND and sysNAND?

Jow Banks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to have my sysNAND and emuNAND to be linked again
i know, im maybe the only one on earth that wants this, but i have my reasons :)

i thought that if i started with a brand new sd card and made a new emunand on my gateway that they would be linked - but thats not true.

as soon as i stated up my fresh new emunand - it created a new id on the sd card :(
it says " creating new home menu information" or something like that.
i looked at the sd and there are two different named folders in the 'Nintendo 3DS" directory.

how do i get sysnand and emunand back together again ?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd have thought setting up a new emuNAND would have solved it.

The only other option I can think of is to restore a backup from before you unlinked. Either a sysNAND backup via the Gateway menu, an emuNAND backup using emuNANDtool.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
using rxtools you could extract the movable seed from sysnand and inject iz to emunand, after this you could also link your nnid to both nands.

Jow Banks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
using rxtools you could extract the movable seed from sysnand and inject iz to emunand, after this you could also link your nnid to both nands.
This is exactly what i am after.:)
i will do a few trail test on my emunand then try on my sysnand
i have a hardmod so no real risk

To be honest I wouldnt bother relinking them for any reason whatsoever theres no point.
like i said in my first post you may not understand my reasoning - but that doesnt mean i dont need it.
i have a very good reason to want this :)

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Now dont quote me on this but to unlink the EmuNand from the Sysnand you have to do the Memory Format in System Settings maybe doing that on EmuNand then go into the EmuNand9 tool and Format it to remove EmuNand then reinstall emunand maybe then they would be linked? I dont know if it will give issues etc but it kinda makes sense if you format the emunand remove the emunand format the sysnand then reinstall the emunand technically that should link them right?

Jow Banks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought i would post back what i was doing wrong before that made it so it didnt link the emunand and sysnand - just in case someone else wants to know and they finded this thread using search.

When you make a new emunand using Gateway, if you want them to to be linked dont start the emunand right after you make it.
You need to shut down the 3DS, re-start it so it can make a new Home Menu in sysnand then start up emunand and they will be linked.

if - on the other hand - you want to make a new unlinked emunand - just launch the new emunand from the Gateway menu right after you make it without restarting.
i tried this a lot of times and it works just like i say above every time.

thanks to everyone that helped here :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...