Hacking Gaming Hardware Homebrew Is there a way to port "Pizza Tower" onto a New 3DS XL (That's Already Modded)?

SuperStarGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I want to know if it's possible to port Pizza Tower, (a somewhat simple steam indie game) either the entire game or atleast the 2019 Sage Demo onto a Modded 3DS

Any Answers or Tips to do it will be useful!!

Attachments

• Untitled2_20230512064557.png
    Untitled2_20230512064557.png
    800.4 KB · Views: 57

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Short answer, the game despite being 2D, needs hardware more powerful that this console has. There is a reason the only "port" of the game is for the Steam Deck.

Reactions: SuperStarGaming

Robles95

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Short answer, the game despite being 2D, needs hardware more powerful that this console has. There is a reason the only "port" of the game is for the Steam Deck.
There's a port on the switch, fyi

But yeah, the switch is more powerful than the 3ds, of course

SirGamers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a port on the switch, fyi

But yeah, the switch is more powerful than the 3ds, of course
no there isn't you dummy
they specifically said it wasn't gonna come out for a while here
Post automatically merged:

couldn't someone just port yoyoloader from the vita? then all gms non yyc games could run, like undertale and pizza tower

SirGamers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The unofficial port has been out for months and can be easily found online.
but to hack a switch you either need an og model or an expensive modchip + its pirating cuz the download comes with the game files

Really? And how does it run?
the unofficial port runs 60fps but I wouldn't recommend downloading it cuz it comes with the game files which is pirating
reddit. com/r/SwitchPirates/comments/12boul7

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but to hack a switch you either need an og model or an expensive modchip + its pirating cuz the download comes with the game files
You said there was no port available and I have shown you there was. Why are you finding it so hard to admit you were wrong?

SirGamers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said there was no port available and I have shown you there was. Why are you finding it so hard to admit you were wrong?
i literary edited my second message right after I saw the Reddit link
I'm not saying I'm not wrong I'm just saying there is no OFFICAL port yet

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i literary edited my second message
Yes with a stupid message about piracy on a site that people come to for advice on how to hack their consoles so as to be able to play pirated games and homebrew. You also posted that in a thread where the OP wanted an unofficial port of the game lol. Kid you are funny.

SirGamers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes with a stupid message about piracy on a site that people come to for advice on how to hack their consoles so as to be able to play pirated games and homebrew. You also posted that in a thread where the OP wanted an unofficial port of the game lol. Kid you are funny.
first of all, they never said unofficial
second of all, 2/3 people don't hack consoles to pirate
third of all, just pirate the game on Steam deck or pc. if you can buy a switch modchip or og switch, you can afford a steam deck
fourth of all, he wanted a 3ds port, what does any of this have to do with the 3ds

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
first of all, they never said unofficial
second of all, 2/3 people don't hack consoles to pirate
third of all, just pirate the game on Steam deck or pc. if you can buy a switch modchip or og switch, you can afford a steam deck
fourth of all, he wanted a 3ds port, what does any of this have to do with the 3ds
First of all The very title of the thread is what?

Oh yes IT is clearly Is there a way to port Pizza Tower?

That tells you they want an unofficial port of the game otherwise the title would have been

Is there a port of pizza tower.

Secondly Where is our proof that 2/3 of people who hack their console don't pirate games??

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
couldn't someone just port yoyoloader from the vita? then all gms non yyc games could run, like undertale and pizza tower
For having tested it with Yoyoloader on the vita, I don't think that a port on 3DS or even on N3DS gives a satisfactory result, on PS Vita, some textures are missing and it's very buggy, unfortunately, I don't think that the 3DS is powerful enough to run this game

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
no there isn't you dummy
they specifically said it wasn't gonna come out for a while here

In theory, but Game Maker games are relatively demanding to run (because they aren't native code and there is no JIT), older Android devices struggled to run even simple GM:S games, and those are more powerful than the 3DS.

Edit: Actually, it's likely that yoyoloader wouldn't even run on the 3DS. The Vita is ARMv7 based, like most devices were until ARMv8 went mainstream. The 3DS is based on the ancient ARMv6 architecture. Only a few of the very earliest budget Android smartphones ran on ARMv6, ARMv7 was standard even back then, that's how old it is. That means that the GM:S runner probably never had an ARMv6 compatible version, since GM:S wasn't introduced until years later. And it's even less likely that whatever much newer version of the runner Pizza Tower requires would have an ARMv6 compatible version.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Tech Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In theory, but Game Maker games are relatively demanding to run (because they aren't native code and there is no JIT), older Android devices struggled to run even simple GM:S games, and those are more powerful than the 3DS.
Game Maker Studio can export games to many different consoles if you purchase the enterprise bundle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over