Is there a way to play problem wiiware on wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jaybee, Feb 17, 2010.

Feb 17, 2010
  1. jaybee

Member jaybee GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Hi peeps,

I was just wondering if there was a certain way to play problem Wiiware titles that wont work on Triiforce? Like Monkey Island, Game Show King 2, etc?

I have Triiforce working with USB and it works great but its annoying for those few titles that refuse to work. I noticed that installing the wad to the nand (although risky) appears to get the game working but when I move it to the sd card sure enough it will run off there but it doesnt seem to deallocate the space it took up on the nand.

It initially says its freed the space up but when you power on the wii the next time its still reported as using up the space which is odd? Is this normal. If I uninstall the wad from the nand with wad manager but leave it on the sd card it pops up an error stating that it cant be run on this system?

Is there a workaround for this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    play them on sneek. im pretty sure that once you get it working and have all the correct IOSes, it has 100% compatibility with all games.
  3. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

Nov 3, 2006
    United States
    Just install the problem wiiware titles to the Wii's nand, and if your run out of blocks, go buy a cheap-o 2gb sd card for 10 bucks and copy the games to there. There is no risk with install wiiware wads with wad manager to the system nand.