Is there a way to play Pokemon X online with Gateway? (Theory)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by shinichi999, Aug 15, 2014.

1. shinichi999
    OP

shinichi999 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Greetings. I know that actually we can´t play Pokemon X online with Gateway because we need the 1.2 update that just can be downloaded in the E-Shop, so we need to wait until Gateway's team releases a patch to update the Emunand to the last version.

The point is: where is saved the 1.2 patch? In the rom itself? the 3DS? or the SD Card?

A friend with the 1.2 version installed tried to play a retail cartridge of Pokemon X without the SD Card in the console and the game asked for the update of the store. With the SD the game shows "1.2 version".

So, in theory, the 1.2 update is saved in the SD Card!

My question: is there any way to put that update in the SD card without go to the E-Shop? I really want to play this game online and the Gateway's Team are taking a lot of time for release the update (I'm tired and boring of waiting, even we don't know if they are going to do it!).

What can you say about this, guys? :P

2. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    The download update is stored on the SD card, and is stored encrypted using the console's encryption -- thus you cannot use an SD card from another console.

There are newer versions of the XY carts with 1.2 pre-loaded into the ROM...

3. shinichi999
    This message by shinichi999 has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Aug 15, 2014, Reason: Do NOT ask for ROMs, ISOs, or warez on GBAtemp.
    Aug 15, 2014
  4. sgtkwol

sgtkwol GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2008
    United States
    Any proof of the cart? News story, pic, etc. Haven't heard of any carts that include the update, yet, but I am intrigued.

5. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    There is no such cart that I'm aware of.

6. shinichi999
    OP

shinichi999 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    In other words... there is not a way yet to play Pokemon X/Y online :(

7. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    It was a nice theory but yeh I think it will be indeed encrypted to the 3ds.

8. shinichi999
    OP

shinichi999 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I'm gonna try at least. I copied the retail cartridge, so the backup is 1:1 and maybe and just maybe could work. I'll post the results soon.

9. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    It's useless. It's based on console, not on cartridge. No amount of SD copying will help you. You NEED the files from the eShop. The update files are indeed stored on the SD card but they're locked to 1 specific console and this can't be changed.

10. t-master

t-master Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2013
    Everyone who has downloaded the 1.2 patch while 7.1 was the lastest firmware (and thus you could access the eshop) should be able to play X/Y online, even right now if I'm not mistaken.

11. ultimatetemper

ultimatetemper GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2010
    I downloaded 1.2 in that moment, but one day the update disappeared, and I couldn't access Pokemon online anymore.
    I don't know if using a 3DZ rom from another region will work (USA rom on EUR 3DS, for example)