Homebrew Is there a way to play NDS on 3DS without flash cards?

Would you like a NDS to VC injector?

• Sure.

Votes: 71 76.3%
  • No need.

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters

Ev1lbl0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I did, nothing but flash cards comes up.

That's why. There is no current way to play DS games on the 3DS without flashcards.

Or, as they said, 3DSesmume. But it's experimental and doesn0t even have soound yet.

EDIT: Before you ask, noone has cracked TWL_FIRM (the thing that lets you play DS games) because developers know it's only going to be used for piracy.

Ev1lbl0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@huma_dawii you're not the only one wanting DS games on 3DS without flashcards. This is a question that so many people ask, but even if everyone wants, someone has to do it. And that someone knows it's only going to be used for piracy. And they won't do it.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually you can but you are limited to download play demos. The problem is that pretty much commercial DS games are written to access the DS cart and that cart access would have to be patched so that it uses the SD card instead. The only pure software patcher I know of that does anything similar is Max Overload and you can bet that reverse engineering Max Overload and reimplementing it so it redirects cart reads/writes to the DSi/3DS SD card is not going to be easy.

huma_dawii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you can but you are limited to download play demos. The problem is that pretty much commercial DS games are written to access the DS cart and that cart access would have to be patched so that it uses the SD card instead. The only pure software patcher I know of that does anything similar is Max Overload and you can bet that reverse engineering Max Overload and reimplementing it so it redirects cart reads/writes to the DSi/3DS SD card is not going to be easy.

Let's hope it happens! I do have a flashcard but not so happy about it.

Just wanted to know If there was a different method.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EDIT: Before you ask, no-one has cracked TWL_FIRM (the thing that lets you play DS games) because developers know it's only going to be used for piracy.
That's assuming that every single developer hates copyright infringement. Piracy really doesn't hurt sales nearly as much as people would think (if at all - most cases of piracy apparently happen with things that the pirate wouldn't have ever bought) It hasn't happened yet because people haven't figured out how to make it happen.

It's because, unlike the 3DS - which is OS-built from the ground up to run installed CIAs in the same way it can run ROMs to the point of being able to run cartridge-only titles as a CIA, or download-only ones as a ROM; the DS(i) isn't. Software needs to be run the way it was meant to be run, as simply redirecting reads isn't nearly as simple as it is with things like the PS2 or Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended