ROM Hack Is there a way to play a randomized game of Black/White 2 and play it on a 3DS?

KewlKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the physical copy of White 2 and I wanted to play it randomized. I know how to export the files to randomize it, but I don't know how to move the randomized files back onto the 3DS. Is there a way to change the files of the cart to the randomized or something? I don't know what to do, any help would be nice. Just to be clear, I have the randomized game on my computer and I don't know how to put it back on the game cart or on the 3DS.

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
not sure much of how this works.

If it edits save files then you can inject them back onto the cart with a save editor.

If it patches the rom itself you can use it with a flashcart or Twilightmenu++ (or whatver the name has changed to now lmao)

If it works like the repainted games (which it probably doesn't) and requires you to redirect graphics with an emulator (again unlikely since it's a DS game and randomizers I know of don't usually do that) then no. (sorry, I'm just ranting about how I can't play repainted games on real hardware :PP)

KewlKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure much of how this works.

If it edits save files then you can inject them back onto the cart with a save editor.

If it patches the rom itself you can use it with a flashcart or Twilightmenu++ (or whatver the name has changed to now lmao)

If it works like the repainted games (which it probably doesn't) and requires you to redirect graphics with an emulator (again unlikely since it's a DS game and randomizers I know of don't usually do that) then no. (sorry, I'm just ranting about how I can't play repainted games on real hardware :PP)

I'll try the save editor, any suggestions on one? I do not currently have one.

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
I'll try the save editor, any suggestions on one? I do not currently have one.
there's a few, JKSM and checkpoint come to mind although I haven't been up to date with homebrew for a while. I think there's one specifically for pokemon called PKSM or something. checkpoint should be fine though IDK but that's seemingly what's the most up to date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended