Is there a way to play 3ds files without Converting into cia?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MrNetch, Jan 26, 2016.

1. MrNetch
    OP

MrNetch Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Is there any way to do this?

2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    gateway or sky3ds, no other way.

cvskid likes this.
  3. YharnamBadass

YharnamBadass GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    Why would you do that? Cia's size are very small, and online safe.

4. MrNetch
    OP

MrNetch Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    @Filo97 OK, thank you for the answer!

@YharnamBadass I want to randomize Pokemon X and have problems converting the 3ds file back into a cia!

Last edited by MrNetch, Jan 26, 2016
  5. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Tuvalu
    why convert po. x? theres a official CIA for that game from nintendo AFAIK

6. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    CIA files take forever to get onto the microSD via Wifi (N3DS) and they take even longer to install. The OP had a legitimate question. Sadly, no. There's no such thing as a ".3ds" loader. Only Gateway and Sky3DS can run them directly. But look at it this way, these flashcarts use additional battery power (any cartridge does), so using CIA's you get to play a bit longer (5-10%?) before the battery drains.

7. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Well, to solve the Wi-Fi transfer problem, just turn off your N3DS, remove the cover plate, plug your SD card into your PC and copy the ROM on it. Shouldn't be that difficult.
    As for installing, I don't see why a lot of people are whining about the time it takes. Seriously, I just installed Stella Glow (~1.5GB, which is approximatively the same as Pokemon X), and it took less than 10 minutes. Even if you use the 4GB class 4 micro SD you get with the console, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, for a game you will play for hours. And if losing 30 minutes of play time really bothers you, just install them while you're sleeping.
    If you found the 3DS game, you can find the (legit) .cia version really easily (PM me).
    As for using you 3DS ROM, you can't directly. You can convert it really easily using Simple CIA Converter and Decrypt9 (instead of RXTools) to generate the XORPads. It's really simple;
    Tutorial

Last edited by TheKawaiiDesu, Jan 26, 2016
  8. MrNetch
    OP

MrNetch Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Like I said, I wanted to use the randomizer, which requerir the exefs and the romfs of the rom!

9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
  10. MrNetch
    OP

MrNetch Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I tried the converter and got everytime an error, but I used rxTools for creating the xorpads, so I'll try it Decrypt9! Thank you! ^^

But were do I put the xorpads than? There is no extra folder and if I put them directly in the Converter Folder it doesnt find them!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I tried that converter, too but got an error message!

Last edited by MrNetch, Jan 26, 2016