Is there a way to patch DS rom for DS GBA linkage

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Pliskron, May 17, 2010.

1. Pliskron
    OP

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    Is there a way to patch DS rom for DS GBA linkage using a homebrew app? I know of two slot 1 cards that allow DS gba linkage, the superard and M3. I was wondering if there was a way to use my Acekard and a 3in1.

2. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    There sure is. I'm not sure about Platinum, but there are patches for Diamond and Pearl which you can find on filetrip.net

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If you mean basic stuff like advance wars (assuming there is not a cheat out there) and phoenix wright then all you really need to do is have a header on the NOR (I would go for the whole rom though as you never know) so it appears as a basic rom.

Stuff that has to be read from SRAM (pretty much just pokemon as far as anyone cares although I think megaman might be in there as well) will need to be patched as even if it uses SRAM (most probably use EEPROM or Flash) then it probably does not use the SRAM access methods for the type used on your flash cart.
    cory1492 made/reverse engineered patches for pokemon and the ezflash (1 through 4) cards and Flash Advance, called pokepatch you can find it here:
    http://nds.cmamod.com/nds_downloads/