Gaming Is there a way to organize the stuff in the psp game folder?

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know how everything in the psp game folder is all mixed up and you have to take time to cycle through all the psp iso's, the ps1 games, the emulators and the cfw updates to find what you want. Is there anyway to make this easier? Like a way to rearrange what shows up first in the psp game folder?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Content Manager is better because it's a PC app. You can populate your stick and order it before it's even got to your PSP.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys
smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pspHBSortTool [http://www.psp-hacks.com/2010/07/20/psphbs...-your-homebrew/] is very good too. Never tried Content Manager, but HBSortTool is very simple and straight forward to use. Does one thing and does it well (allowing you to reorder your games exactly how you want)

And Rydian: While that is one way of sorting, that's not really what the OP asked for (a way to change what shows up first). Also, for users who aren't using CFW (I know not relevant in this case), HBSortTool will work for them too.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow....that looks near identical to Content Manager, almost as if someone just nicked the source and reskinned it!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xist said:
Wow....that looks near identical to Content Manager, almost as if someone just nicked the source and reskinned it!
I quickly tried Content Manager, and yeah they're fairly similar, Content Manager just has way more features (video, music, images, RSS, bookmarks), whereas HBSortTool ONLY does games. So I'd advise Content Manager over HBSortTool actually.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If that's important to you it can be done, but more so it's that you fill your MS from your PC so why not have it organised the way you want before you even put the stick in the PSP (whether it's CFW or OFW).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bryon15 said:
You know how everything in the psp game folder is all mixed up and you have to take time to cycle through all the psp iso's, the ps1 games, the emulators and the cfw updates to find what you want. Is there anyway to make this easier? Like a way to rearrange what shows up first in the psp game folder?

He didn't say anything about grouping stuff, just mentioned he has loads of different types of stuff.
wink.gif
Perhaps didn't occur to him there may be a way to group stuff. Wish Sony would add that to OFW, I have very little need of CFW, and couldn't be bothered having to use workarounds to access PSN and play new games, but I would like to be able to properly group content. And have it in groups automatically, rather than having to press square every time you go into the Game menu.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
He mentioned multiple types of content and having them all mixed up, so putting them in folders will properly segregate them... but yeah, I'll add rearranging to the FAQ, can't believe I forgot to do that originally since I'm anal about it as well.

Also OFW added sorting in 6.3x I believe, but it's limited.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
He mentioned multiple types of content and having them all mixed up, so putting them in folders will properly segregate them... but yeah, I'll add rearranging to the FAQ, can't believe I forgot to do that originally since I'm anal about it as well.

Also OFW added sorting in 6.3x I believe, but it's limited.
Very limited. It can sort by platform (PSP, Minis, PSX, NeoGeo) or expiry date (been there a while), neither of which is what I would like, and both require you to press square at least once EVERY time you go into the GAME menu in the XMB. But I'd like to have custom categories (so I could add ones for demos and stuff) and have them show up by default when you go into GAME. Meh. Doubt Sony will ever bother, it seems to take them a couple of years to push out a crappy pointless new feature these days (along with a "security fix")

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs