Is there a way to modify VC CIAs that I already made?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by solid278, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:52 AM.

1. solid278
    OP

solid278 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2011
    United States
    I recently converted a large chunk of my GB/C collection to CIAs (it's... a larger number of games than I realized when I started). I used New Super Ultimate Injector and did not realize that all of my converted CIAs were set to be in pixel perfect size. Now that's not the worst thing in the world (I mean until now I was just playing these on a GBA anyways) but... I'd really like the option to use the greater screen size of the 3DS! Is there any way to modify the CIAs I've already made to have them run in a larger screen size, or maybe a button combo I can use on the 3DS to boot them in a larger size? Or... do I have to make them all again :s

2. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Pretty sure you have to remake any that are GBA ones, as it's impossible for button combos or anything to change how the games are shown on the screen since the system basically restarts as a whole in order to enter AGB firm mode, which is different from VC. For VC though (GB/GBC/etc.) I'm pretty sure there's a button combo that lets you go between original resolution and stretched (fitting to the screen while retaining aspect ratio), I THINK it's Select while loading the game, not sure, been a while after all...

3. E1ite007

E1ite007 GBATemp's Acid Techno DJ And Producer

Nov 19, 2016
    Mexico
    OP said that he was playing on a GBA, but all the ROMs he converted to VC were GB/C.

Yes, yes you can if you saved the project after converting 'em to .CIA.
    If you closed the program without saving the projects, you can extract the .CIA files, but you'll have to rebuild them from scratch.

Last edited by E1ite007, Jan 13, 2019 at 1:06 AM
  4. solid278
    OP

solid278 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2011
    United States
    Thanks for the reply! Yeah I didn't save the projects :s By extracting the CIAs, you mean extracting the ROMs from them, I presume? I already kept all the original ROMs I converted so, that would be an unnecessary step for me. So I guess I have to remake all the CIAs then :s bummer, but could be worse!

E1ite007 likes this.