Hacking Is there a way to make your own sky3ds templets?

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As title

So i have been reading around and found some information but looking for a more direct answer.

From my understanding is we can gen all most all the needed information to make a templet for sky3ds.

from what i see is we need to know the "unknown id"

in order for all this to work.
So basically we have to find out what the unknown id is, but some are saying its a crypo that sky3ds has and its unbreakable.

IS this true?
or is there a way for use to gen this on are own?

D

Deleted-19228

I have a belief that the unknown ID that is generated has nothing to do with Sky3DS and it is part of something that Gateway dumper strips out of the ROM to begin with. That data is required to create what the system thinks is a 1:1 clone.

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a belief that the unknown ID that is generated has nothing to do with Sky3DS and it is part of something that Gateway dumper strips out of the ROM to begin with. That data is required to create what the system thinks is a 1:1 clone.

So a full dump from gateway has all the information but its not injected into the rom dump.
So we will have to get the information from a gateway dump but we are more or less clueless as to what we are looking for?

D

Deleted-19228

Like I said. Just a belief. Doesn't mean it is true.I just believe if it were that easy to do this companies would be popping up all over the place doing 1:1 3DS single card clones.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to play Xeno? Relax. Sky3DS will update their template. They're better than Gateway at least...

Creating a template for Sky3DS is a combination of things.

It's a matter of NAND game, CARD1/2, headers, chip ID, savedata hex structure, and game identifier. All of which are covered in Sky Army Knife and ROMPatcher.

The problem is getting the right combination. Or if there are special attributes to the game (which there are a lot of).

So relax. Wait for an update to template. Chances are they already did...

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to play Xeno? Relax. Sky3DS will update their template. They're better than Gateway at least...

Creating a template for Sky3DS is a combination of things.

It's a matter of NAND game, CARD1/2, headers, chip ID, savedata hex structure, and game identifier. All of which are covered in Sky Army Knife and ROMPatcher.

The problem is getting the right combination. Or if there are special attributes to the game (which there are a lot of).

So relax. Wait for an update to template. Chances are they already did...

Yes and no.
Id like to play the game but dont mind waiting.

But also i like to learn and know it works.

*edit

Also i understand the whole save type and stuff said in Sky amy knife.
Just trying to find out what the missing part i guess.

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The template is working for EUR Xeno dump didn't have a problem with it at all and got it a couple days before release. But I have a gateway and sky. Also after playing it on Dolphin emulator for wii with the hd packs installed there is no going back to anything less.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there something on region unlocking for Sky3DS? Wouldn't he be able to use the EU version?

Or does that require Gateway, again?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sky3DS only updates from Scene releases and not independent dumps and the scene release of Xenoblade is no where to be found so its gonna be a while
Chances are that the scene dump will be exactly the same as a private dump if the dump is proper - that's the thing about ROM's, they're all the same. The difference might be Chip infos from the cartridge (which are not part of the ROM, they're a response from the hardware), but those can be edited in the template without repercussions. I have my idea regarding what the Unknown ID is, it has nothing to do with Gateway and I don't think it's something that could be generated on a PC (yet), that's all I'm saying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr