1. nashismo

OP nashismo GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    So yeah,

That's my question guys, has anyone of you found a way to make the "dpad" on the 3dsxl/2dsxl (I have the 2ds xl) more comfortable?

Here is the thing, I have had all of the 3ds's in the past, the 3DS XL, the New 3DS XL and just now the New 2DS XL. All of the old 3DS Xl's are terribly uncomfortable for me at least, because they are too heavy and a bit wide to hold. Also the dpad is on a terrible place and is way to clicky, they would hurt the middle of my thumb, like crazy.

Now with the New 2DS XL, two things were fixed for me, it is more comfortable to hold, and it is lighter, making the console finally usable for me at least! Is great! BUT! The dpad still rest in the same position and is as clicky and hard to press as ever!

My thumb just dies after 10 minutes of use! I can't take it, is terrible, and the same thing happened to me with the other versions of the 3DS-

Sure, now games that rely on the analogue alone are MUCH more comfortable to play.

So... anybody has ever found a way to make these dpads less aggravating on your thumb? I would happily mod the dpad with a ds lite or gba sp one, but the 3ds/2dsxl dpad is microswitched so this is not possible! Unless there is something you guys know and I dont?

Is there a way to do something for our thumbs? I will fight for our thumbs I tell you! They must live to continue to play games in the future!!

Cheers and thanks for listening.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  2. TurdPooCharger

United States
    1. CAD model a new d-pad design and have a 3D printer make it.
    2. Retrofit a different d-pad from a different system using sand paper, dremel, and super glue. (ie, Face surface transplant).
    3. Silicone skin sleeve that covers the d-pad for softer texture. This might dampen input.
    4. Hand grip adapter that provides a better holding posture where your left thumb doesn't horizontally slide as much when pressing.
    5. Thumb guard or thumb glove.
    6. Play until your thumb forms callous or lose nerve sensitivity.

H1B1Esquire and x65943 like this.
  3. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

United States
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    TurdPooCharger likes this.
  4. nashismo

OP nashismo GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    It looks great, in my country is about 60 dollars to buy though! Still it does not matter, because I have a New 2DS XL :(

It really looks like a comfortably grip, not like those chinese plasticky crap, sadly it does nor work for me. I will keep looking! Thank you man!

H1B1Esquire likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - comfortable, clicky, thumb